massey ferguson 240 loss power

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #1  

halliday240

Tractor
massey ferguson 240
hi my name is Kody from tenterfield nsw Australia. i have a Massey Ferguson 240 and we broke the banjo bolt on the return line so we replaced the bolt. the leak is fixed but every since then the whole tractor feels like it has lost power. i have clean the injectors and cleaned the filters but it didnt help then i went to bleed it and there is no fuel going to the injectors but the injector pump is full of diesel. now all of the diesel is going back to the filter and then to the return line that goes back to the fuel tank please help as we have already spent lots of money rebuilding the engine.
from Kody

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #2  
When u took the filter down..
Did the oring come with it.??
The TOP oring MUST GO UP IN THE FILTER HEAD..
NOT ON THE FILTER..

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power
yes i made sure that it went back where it came form as i am a 13 year old the rebuilt the thing i know how to put a oring back from where it came from

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #4  
My point being, if the oring fell.. u would think it went on the filter..
Good luck

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #5  
Two threads on the same subject.
Injection pump cover had been removed and shutoff plate not engaged in shaft button

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #6  
On the fuel pump there is a screen. My massey 4345 was doing the same thing and the screen was clogged. Take the line off and you will find the screen, the very small screen that clogs easy. See if its clogged.

/ massey ferguson 240 loss power #7  
Did you find the problem?