Marking your tools

/ Marking your tools #31  
The sharpie corporation makes different grades of marking pens and we use the most durable grade in black and silver colors. We also put blue and white vinyl tape on tools to make them more visible while in the field.

/ Marking your tools #32  
I like painting the handles bright yellow. They are easy to see in the grass.

/ Marking your tools #34  
We don't use yellow due to fall colors. Blue is a color that rarely happens in nature.
It disappears easily in snow conditions, however. We've gotten away from using blue flagging because it's difficult to see against the green background in summer; and in winter often is hard to see when the sun is on the snow.

/ Marking your tools #35  
It disappears easily in snow conditions, however. We've gotten away from using blue flagging because it's difficult to see against the green background in summer; and in winter often is hard to see when the sun is on the snow.
So now I'm curious what colors do you find useful?

All the best,

Peter

/ Marking your tools #36  
Marking them so I can recognize them is not my issue I like my tools marked so at a glance other people can recognize is not theirs I don't think I have a problem with people stealing them its just them accidently getting mixed up when working with someone else so bright spray paint all over not a little dot or initials it has to be something you can't miss

/ Marking your tools #37  
Marking them so I can recognize them is not my issue I like my tools marked so at a glance other people can recognize is not theirs I don't think I have a problem with people stealing them its just them accidently getting mixed up when working with someone else so bright spray paint all over not a little dot or initials it has to be something you can't miss
And that why we write oue name and cell number on them. We've got most back when found.

/ Marking your tools #38  
Here is some blue weights that are easily found when dropped in snow. 😅
bossrollsgood35.jpg

/ Marking your tools #39  
So now I'm curious what colors do you find useful?

All the best,

Peter
We use day glo flagging. Forest Arctic Vinyl Flagging

A lot of people use orange, although I prefer the pink. It doesn't blend with the leaves in fall as easily; but mainly because in years past it didn't fade the way that orange tended to do. Sometimes I will use pink and blue together, for flagging areas such as streams where the harvester operator needs to know where they are.

/ Marking your tools #40  
I started sand blasting and oiling all my tools. No one else did it and even if you paint colour on it or engrave it you can't hide the blasted finish.

James