Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help!

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #1  

mastercraftka

Silver Member
Tractor
1993 JD 6400 4wd
I am having a tough time finding a good webpage that shows exactly what I need to replace the bar on my Makita 7300PRZ with a 20" bar. Here is the current chains I am running.

Oregon 73LGX072G Power Cut 20" Pitch: 3/8", gauge: .058", drive link count: 72I \\​

I ordered what I thought and it said was the correct one off of Amazon but the bar studs won't fit down flush. In other words it is too small for the hole. This one I bought said it was 20in and it was and It was .058 amd 3/8" but bar did not fit on the chainsaw.

Any help is appreciated.

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #3  
   / Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #5  
Contact Oregon.... IF they can supply the correct chain, they can probably tell you their correct part number for replace bar for saw.....
They were able to help me find a obscure chain for little Homelite saw that is about a millions years old....

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #6  
208SFHD009 208RNDD009 208ATMD009 208VXLHD009

I suspect you received the K095 mount bar which fits the 510 5105, 5000 series saws not the D009 mount used on the larger saws. Same bar as larger Husqvarna saws

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #7  
208SFHD009 208RNDD009 208ATMD009 208VXLHD009

I suspect you received the K095 mount bar which fits the 510 5105, 5000 series saws not the D009 mount used on the larger saws. Same bar as larger Husqvarna saws
AGree.

IF your not going back to your dealer and want to order aftermarket parts to save money.....gotta understand the lingo of saws. Gotta understand how to identify bar mount types and what you need.

And if you get really good, you can figure out what bar mounts are compatible with no or only slight modification. Sometimes I come across a killer deal on a bar but its the wrong mount. However its something that can be modified to work

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #8  
D009 bar mount. Super common bars.

Same for husky large, jred lg. These are good 20" bars for cost.

j670finnn.jpg

j670finnnn.jpg

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help! #9  
AGree.

IF your not going back to your dealer and want to order aftermarket parts to save money.....gotta understand the lingo of saws. Gotta understand how to identify bar mount types and what you need.

And if you get really good, you can figure out what bar mounts are compatible with no or only slight modification. Sometimes I come across a killer deal on a bar but its the wrong mount. However its something that can be modified to work
Funny story involving a Dolmar PS-510 with the Dolmar branded 20" K095 bar a few years ago. Had a new saw on the shelf and had sold one to a customer and he was having issues with oil hole on the bar clogging. With some investigation found that the oil hole had been machined .140 too low and was obstructing half the hole. Called my distributor and talked to the tech and explained what I had and what was happening. After he followed my issue and started measuring bars in inventory found that all the bars of that mount and length were made incorrectly. All 8000 bars in stock.

/ Makita (Dolmar) replacement 20" Bar help!
D009 bar mount. Super common bars.

Same for husky large, jred lg. These are good 20" bars for cost.

View attachment 778625
View attachment 778626
Ok yes the tail mount is where I am having trouble and couldn't figure out what size my Makita 7300 is! So you are saying D009? Is there a guide somewhere that shows the different saws and what size the tail mount ?

Thanks!!