Majic diamond hard paint. Anyone use it?

/ Majic diamond hard paint. Anyone use it? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I drug my feet last winter and didn't get my bushhog painted. So was gonna wait til next winter, but its gonna be wet for the next 5 days and I have time. So thinking about painting now.

I know the majic town and country tractor paint sucks. Will never use it again.

Has anyone used the diamond hard? I am still upset they went away from valspar tractor and implement paint. Diamond hard wasn't available last time I painted something.

The diamond hard is an acrylic enamel (water based). Kinda reads like Sherwin Williams DTM (direct to metal) paint that is also water based. I like the SW DTM, but can't get locally. Can't find the valspar locally either.

Anything else that's good at a palce like Lowe's, Napa, rural King, Walmart, etc? Even a preferred brand of "industrial enamel" that sprays, covers, and holds up well?

Any opinions, or suggestions? What are you all using for paint that don't have to be an exact color match or restoration quality....and won't break the bank?

/ Majic diamond hard paint. Anyone use it? #2  
You can buy Valspar tractor and implement enamel from Amazon, and have it shipped free to your door.

/ Majic diamond hard paint. Anyone use it? #3  
I've used Pittsburgh AUE 300(?) with hardener and it worked great but was expensive. I did the snow blower about 6 years ago and it still looks nice. The impeller itself retained the paint OK, but the inside flat part of the housing got scraped where the tips of the impeller drag the stone/snow mix.

Just finished an RFM restoration and used XO-rust with a hardener and it did a great job. That was recent so I can't say how it will look 6 years from now. It was a lot less money than the PPG coating and I picked it up at the nearby True Value. The Allis Chalmers Orange matched my Kubota pretty closely.

Both of these are DTM and that makes prep easier.

Attachments

• IMG_5352.JPG
    IMG_5352.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 153