Mahindras on Big Iron Auction

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #1  

jeepcj7

Platinum Member
Any idea why so many brand new Mahindra tractors and implements have been on Big Iron auctions for the past several weeks. Mahindra is listed almost always as the seller.

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #2  
I just looked and found only three compacts, none were new.

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #3  
Most likely one of two reasons:
The machines are in someone's paid inventory that is being liquidated for whatever reason. Mahindra has little to no control of how the machines are sold or at what price.

Due to lack of demand, Mahindra is liquidating excess inventory.

Given the almost ridiculous rate at which most brands of compact and utility tractors have been selling in 2020 I'd like to think Mahindra isn't dumping inventory.

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #4  
Somebody is dumping tons of Mahindra add-on equipment in or around Houston, Texas. I happened upon an auction site which had front-end loaders on the block. In the background of some of the photos looked like 40-50 more, maybe hundreds more. I don't know if it was a shipping dock or a dealer but they had a lot of equipment being sold in weekly lots. I'm sorry I can't remember the site but it shouldn't be too hard to find. Look for Mahindra auctions in Houston, Tx.

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #5  
This is happening at the Mahindra USA facility in Houston, Tx. It’s been happening weekly since at least early summer, which is when I became aware of it. I know this because I traveled there to take delivery of three implements I bought during one of the BigIron auctions. There were literally hundreds of implements and tractors of all sizes sold that week at auction. The facility is huge. It’s the place where all US bound tractors are shipped for final assembly and prep before being shipped out to dealers. I’ve never seen so many red tractors in my entire life. The tractors being sold ranged from essentially brand new (less than 5-10 hours) to mildly used (up to 100 hours or so). My take, which is purely speculation based on what I saw, is that these are inventory that were on the lots of dealers that Mahindra no longer is affiliated with, for whatever reason. Alternatively, they could be tractors that were bought back by the factory due to persistent warranty claims. In all cases, there is no warranty and all sales are final. They don’t offer any explanation for the origin of these tractors and implements. For what it’s worth, other than having faded paint, the implements I bought were in as-new condition, exactly as pictured in the BigIron auction, and all have functioned perfectly.

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction
There are 16 more tractors listed in tomorrows Big Iron auction. All essentially brand new (0 hrs) and some are 2017 models. Having 3 yr old new inventory in the CUE market makes me wonder if Mahindra is having reliability or $ issues in NA?

/ Mahindras on Big Iron Auction #7  
A couple of months ago there were a ton being auctioned on Iron Planet out of Chattanooga. The last RB Nashville auction had 400+ Mahindra items.