Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901

/ Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #2  
I don't know how John Deere remains competitive in the compact tractor realm. They are not what they used to be with their old 50 and 70 and 4003 series tractors. Plastic parts galore. Aluminum gear housings and sub standard capacities as a result. Plus they are not ashamed to charge for this, what I think is a compromised machine.

Fab a skid plate for the Mahindra.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #3  
That video reminds me of what fashion guru Tim Gunn says when someone asks him "what do you think of my (ugly)outfit" He says "Well, if that's the look you want, you sure have a good one."

Well, if that's the Mahindra you want, you sure got a good one!

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #4  
I love the plastic on the Deere, no dents, no rust, no paint chips, no rattles.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #5  
I love the plastic on the Deere, no dents, no rust, no paint chips, no rattles.
Depends how you use it.
Bring it into the woods and see how you like it. Hope you like aluminum too.
I owned the two of the 50 series JD's and tried to stay with them on a trade, I was sickened by what JD did to their new tractors in comparison.
These new JD tractors could not live in my realm and stay together.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 193
   / Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #6  
I have used it extensively in the woods skidding, the trees bounce off the plastic. Hydro static is very nice no gears always the right speed no shifting.

Only problem to start was getting enough ballast in the right places the stock tractor is very light. Once that was fixed its a champ.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #7  
I have used it extensively in the woods skidding, the trees bounce off the plastic. Hydro static is very nice no gears always the right speed no shifting.

Only problem to start was getting enough ballast in the right places the stock tractor is very light. Once that was fixed its a champ.
Well, you don't say where you are so I don't now if you have sissy woods or real woods.
I've also used my 50's in the woods extensively.
If a fender got bent, I just hammered it out and spayed it with JD green.
Like new and didn't cost $250 like I spent to replace the plastic fender part on my Mahindra 3016.

Continued good luck w your tractor.
I abhor John Deere for what they did to their compacts and even more for their pricing policies for what amounts to a plastic and aluminum tractor and yet charge as if it were made of plutonium.

/ Mahindra 1635 vs John Deere 3038 E & Kubota L3901 #8  
I don't know how John Deere remains competitive in the compact tractor realm. They are not what they used to be with their old 50 and 70 and 4003 series tractors. Plastic parts galore. Aluminum gear housings and sub standard capacities as a result. Plus they are not ashamed to charge for this, what I think is a compromised machine.

Fab a skid plate for the Mahindra.
There is one thing that helps on the Deere's between 1000 and 4000 series is that "some" dealers include a 10 year drivetrain warranty.
Surprised the video buyer did not look at Branson since he was concerned about regen problems and wanted a heavy tractor.

ps. Agree on Fabbing a protective skid plate for the Mahindra- that hydraulic block is pretty exposed for woods work.