Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
For the 1971-72 school year, when I was a lieutenant in the Dallas Police Department, I was sent to the Northwestern University Traffic Institute. We soon became good friends with Pete and Eleanor Baker. He was a sergeant in the New Jersey State Police at the time. We had 2 little girls and they had 3 little girls and one boy. We both had RVs at the time and spent a lot of weekends together, and remained friends. We've been to their home in Pennsylvania and they've been here to visit us. But we just haven't kept in touch for nearly a year now, so I was surprised to see this in the news today:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif]https://news.yahoo.com/couple-married-61-years-die-213656874.html[/FONT]

Couple married 61 years die a day apart from coronavirus, daughter urges caution

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #2  
Sorry for your loss, Bird. They sounded like they had a loving family.

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #3  
My condolences Bird. That is a way it gets to us, from people without symptoms.
Eleanor and Peter Baker had no way of knowing that they would come into contact with a friend who had COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. That friend was not showing any symptoms. MacDowell said about 40 people attended the reunion and five others in addition to her parents contracted the virus but have recovered.

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #4  
Sorry for the loss of your friends Bird.

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #5  
Yes Bird very sorry for your loss and heartbreaking news . I forwarded this info to my two brothers , they are each LE Captains in two seperate states . Very very sad news .

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #6  
That is very unfortunate.

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #7  
So sorry for the loss of your friends

/ Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #8  
Bird- I was sorry to read about their deaths and knowing that they were your and your Wife's friends makes it all the worse.

May they both RIP.

My + thoughts, wishes, and prayers for them, their families, friends, and everyone else with whom they "touched."

Hang in there.

Last edited:
   / Lost Old Friends to Coronavirus #9  
My sympathies go out to you Bird... always sad to hear of things like this.