LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4......

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #11  
guess i hi jacked the thread... sorry

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #12  
i have a landtrac 360dtc i need to know where to add hydraulic fluid to it i cant find no place to put it in if any one knows please let me know

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #13  
Depends if you have an early or late SN. On the late, dipstick is below your legs as sitting on the unit. If it's an early, You'll have a sight glass on the rear of the tractor, near the pto. The fill plug is on the back to the right of the top link bracket. If it has a loader on it, you will have to remove the return hose, from the loader,and remove the 90 degree elbow. Remember, this is for hydraulic, transmission, and diff.. Use a trans- hydro fluid designed for both. Also remember to check the outboard final drives, as they have seperate oils from hyd. tran oil. Final drive fluid is SAE 80w90. Factory put white paint marks on the plugs. About half way up on the final drives.

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #14  
The fill for the hydraulic fluid is between your feet. It holds about 8.7 gals when changing the filter under the left side floor board. Hope this helps. You don't have an owners manual????

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #15  
beanie: I know this is a little late but I just joined this site. Do you still have your Landtrac 360 tractor? How do you like it & where can you get parts for it? I see your at Glenwood. Is this Iowa? I have a son living there now and thought this tractor would be good for him.

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #16  
I am looking at a 360 DTC with the 5140 loader. Not sure of the year but have the serial niumber. Is there somewhere I can check the year by that. Has 493 hours on it and may need a new starter.

/ LONG Landtrac 360 DTC 4X4...... #17  
Hey guys,
Resurrecting this absolutely ancient post as I have a follow-up question. I seem to have a weird hybrid early/late serial number 360DTC. I broke my pinion gear housing, and ordered the "early SN" version, only to find it was too small and I needed the later serial number version. However, I do NOT have the dipstick for the hydraulic/tranny fluid on the floor in front of the seat like the later serial numbers do. Thanks to this extremely helpful post from trac:
Depends if you have an early or late SN. On the late, dipstick is below your legs as sitting on the unit. If it's an early, You'll have a sight glass on the rear of the tractor, near the pto. The fill plug is on the back to the right of the top link bracket. If it has a loader on it, you will have to remove the return hose, from the loader,and remove the 90 degree elbow. Remember, this is for hydraulic, transmission, and diff.. Use a trans- hydro fluid designed for both. Also remember to check the outboard final drives, as they have seperate oils from hyd. tran oil. Final drive fluid is SAE 80w90. Factory put white paint marks on the plugs. About half way up on the final drives.

I was able to find the sight glass that the early serial number models have. I've attached a pic of it here in case anyone comes across this post in their search and has the same question. You can see the sight just to the left of the PTO shaft. IMG_1813[1].JPG

Now on to my question (hoping maybe trac is still around???): I do have a FEL on my tractor. When he said I'll have to "remove the return hose", I assume this means this one. My question is: am I then supposed to fill through the hole vacated by this return hose?

Attachments

• IMG_1814[1].JPG
    IMG_1814[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 160