Little to NO Tractors

/ Little to NO Tractors #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I live in NE Wisconsin and am close to 2 Mahindra dealers. Neither of them have very little to no 40 hp tractors to sell.

I really wanted to give Mahindra a try but will need to buy elsewhere.

My local LS dealer seems to be the best stocked to sell.

The Kubota dealer also sells Case and New Holland which are both rebadged LS offerings for my requests.

Will be making a comparison today of what they have.

Yooper Dave

/ Little to NO Tractors #2  
Our Mahindra dealer is very poorly stocked too. And what they do have, is already pink and rusty. Not a good first impression. Good luck

/ Little to NO Tractors
People need to get over the 'I want it now' mentality. It don't play today with tractors or motor vehicles in general.
I have been shopping for 6 months. I also run into some dealers not updating their websites in a timely manner.

/ Little to NO Tractors #5  
I also run into some dealers not updating their websites in a timely manner.
Honestly, the ones that do update their websites are less likely to be the one's you want to deal with. Just my experience. FB, maybe but an actual website usually means a really nice big building as well in a great location and none of that is cheap so that get's passed on to the buyer.

There's a lot of shortages in tractors and equipment, not a fact that I know of but just an observation here, I think they make batches of a product so you'll see no specific tractor for a while then all the sudden they are everywhere. Haven't seen many dealers suddenly have one of a model, they'll go from zero to like 5-10. Just have to hit it and be ready to make a decision when they show up. Like I said, just an observation that may have no basis on reality.

/ Little to NO Tractors #6  
The problem is, I’m willing to wait for a tractor to arrive. But not being able to actually see, or sit in one for 6 months, makes the buying process harder.
At some point I’ll fly to GA to see a cabbed tractor, buy it, and tow it home.

/ Little to NO Tractors #7  
Probably not a good idea if you need any parts. Your local dealer will treat you like a bad stepchild...lol

/ Little to NO Tractors #8  
Probably not a good idea if you need any parts. Your local dealer will treat you like a bad stepchild...lol
So how do people who buy used get service? They don’t?