Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone?

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #1  

QRTRHRS

Elite Member
Tractor
None at this time.
I am finding that my Stilh BR600 blower is getting to be very uncomfortable for my back this year. Truth be told, I have never liked it much. Has anyone ever upgraded the suspension system on this blower or any other one similar in weight? Or, does anyone know if something is available?

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #2  
Do you have a hip belt like the backpackers use on it ? I added one to my Echo's , makes a huge difference. Then I added a chest strap to hold the straps together so the don't pull off the shoulders. That and a JRCO blower buggy on the zero turn with a 12hp Skag blower !

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone?
No, I don't have a hip belt. I have been using an old belt to hold the straps together but they still try to slip off of my shoulders. I only use this on my property so if need be I can get by this season. There is an outdoor store that sells hiking equipment but it is a 90 minute drive. The next time I am in that area I will have to see what they may offer. Thanks for the advise.

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #4  
Stihl makes a chest strap that you can add to your unit. Check their website for details.I bought it several years ago and it made a big difference for me on my BR 550. My date has the same unit as you, and I bought him the strap and he can now use the blower for longer sessions.

Was not sure if Stihl makes the hip belt as an add-on accessory, so I just checked and they do. Looks like that may help as well, though I'm not sure if it is the same belt system they include with the higher end model (BR 800). Good luck.

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #5  
Try putting it on someone else's back. You might have to pay them.

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #6  
:ROFLMAO: Wish I had thought of that; problem solved!!

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #7  
I am a 70 yer old geezer complete with spinal stannous. I use a Stihl 800 C-E that includes a backpack pad, a hip belt and a chest strap. I can wear it for a full tank of fuel. I suspect the pad and straps are the reason I can use it.

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone? #8  
...a JRCO blower buggy on the zero turn with a 12hp Skag blower !
Another vote for the JRCO blower buggy. Even my small'ish EX27 Little Wonder walk-behind is many times more powerful than the largest backpack blower. No messin' around.

I actually ended up getting rid of my backpack, as it was too big for getting in and around gardens, but too small for blowing leaves across the lawn. At least in my case, it was a compromise between a walk-behind and hand-held, that failed on both counts.

A BG-86 hand-held blowing out of the gardens, and feeding the EX27 walk-behind Little Wonder on a JRCO blower buggy get the job done infinitely faster.

/ Leaf Blower Suspension Upgrade Anyone?
Thanks all for the replies. What leaves I did not get to were taken care of by mother nature! I am going down for the count for knee surgery so the blower issue is on hold. I will have to check out the hip belt and chest strap at one of my local Stihl dealers.