land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #1  

don burden

Tractor
John Deere
truble with rough start breaks shear pins

trouble started with blades hanging togeather on start up' land pride calls #4 shear pin.
really rough when engaged . no slip clutch that i can see.others on internet seem to have same problem.i appreciape your responsis Don

Last edited:
   / land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #2  
Start it at an idle with nothing underneath to impede the blades.

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #3  
Are you using the correct grade shear pins?

Has it always done it, or did it just start doing it?

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #4  
Most Land Pride shredders have a slip clutch as well as shear pins. Have you ever bothered to slip the slip clutch?

Like I said I always start mine at an idle but the slip clutch is there for a reason as well.

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #5  
Without any history of your tractor or the machine this is pure guess but I would look underneath the mower and make sure that the blades are turning free. Might even make sure that the blades are sitting sticking out. Look for twine or something like that wrapped around the bolt that holds the blades in place. And double check the owners manual has been stated before and make sure you’re using the proper grade of shear pin.

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #6  
If this is newer electric shift clutch they can be grabby and abrupt. Like others have stated engage PTO with engine at idle and blades clear of any grass.

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #7  
Add a slip clutch. 1272 is Avery light duty entry level model that does not have a slip clutch standard like all the other better LO cutters

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks
truble with rough start breaks shear pins

trouble started with blades hanging togeather on start up' land pride calls #4 shear pin.
really rough when engaged . no slip clutch that i can see.others on internet seem to have same problem.i appreciape your responsis Don

/ land pride 1272 rotary mower need help thanks #9  
The blades should always be free swinging. I'd check the pivot points are you might have something wrapped around them preventing the blades from swinging.