Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's
looks like a nice property!
Thanks, I love it here.
Now where are you going with that target deer,
are you one those people that would set that in a clump of brush or
the edge of a field to see how many road hunters will stop and unload on it?
It can be fun on a slow day :ROFLMAO:
It fooled my Ma on FB. Said I was tooling along about 40 mph (lol) when it jumped out and I couldn't stop in time.

That would be funny to see. I just figured I'd bring it back to the barn for now. Might have to put it near my bow stand though.....I still have a tag left.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #52  
I could never use turf tires in my 'rock city' - - but a guy I'm working for this winter swears that turf tires work best for tractor snow plowing. I have no idea if he's right.
turf tires are the worst for moving snow

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #53  
Noticed the grooves pick up some gravel. Stone studs. Can’t say if any improvement in traction. Snow does pack in grooves and snow on snow and extra edges helps with traction.

I was thinking that too....poor mans studs

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #55  
Have little experience in snow. When I first bought a used M59 it had worn R4 fronts. Easy to slip in mud, soft ground and grass fields. Used a chainsaw wood carving blade on grinder cut tires. View attachment 723052
Made for significant improvement for my terrain. After a few years replaced with 12ply, extra deep tread R4s for better mud traction. Farmer who bought those used grooved tires still brags on those tires on his skidsteer around his barn.

B26 many chores is finish mowing the many hillside clearings we call yards.
View attachment 723053
Immediate improvement in wet grass.
Done with tire groover. Has worked good for 5 years, 500 hours.
I actually used this picture of the b26 when I did mine. Just realized it, you made it to google search!

It got pretty stormy here last night and windy today. Touched up the driveway and around my barns no problem.

It's not even that slick yet but I went back on my main two tracker and couldn't back up a couple hills even in 4wd and the rear axle locked. Had to go at them again with a bit more speed to make it up.

I'm good doing the driveway and around the barns, but if I want to continue to get my trail to the back of my property I'm going to need chains.

Not sure if I can afford them this year with all I've spent though. Where is the cheapest place to get decent chains?

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #57  
No such place, just out of curiosity I have looked and priced some this fall,
sticker shock $1300-$2100 for 18.4-30's.
The only chains I will or would recommend are the TRYGG, OFA, and Aquiline Talon style chain.
I have used the others and the grip is not comparable,
and there is no comparison on the ride.
Those full pattern chains ride almost as good as your tires do on frozen ground, no bucking or bouncing.

I suppose if I'm going to lay down the money I might as well get something good, I have seen a few videos and review of the4 TRYGG and they seem to be well regarded by many.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #59  
This is a set of OFA's IMG_20151228_135705794.jpg100_4167.JPG,
IMG_20151228_135705794.jpg

And this is a set of Aquiline Talons;
100_4167.JPG

Both of those look very good. And I see the Talons are a good $400 less than the TRYGG yet look to be similar in construction.