Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard #1  

Bigjaker

Tractor
BCS 853
I have a [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] LX3310 and recently I had an issue. I have a heavy duty flail mower and I am clearing some brush. In using the bucket to push down the brush and then drive over it and use the mower to chop it up. Everything was going fine and as expected as I was opening a new trail. But then I lost the use of my hydraulics to raise and lower the bucket. When I got back in the field I noticed that the lower hose was disconnected from the tractor to the FEL. Took a while to figure out what needed to be bled out to release the pressure to get it hooked back up. Then about 30 minutes later, the same problem but noticed that a large piece of brush was the reason for this disconnect as it had bumped the hose connector perfectly and disconnected it.

Is there a guard that is out there for this sized tractor that would prevent the brush from coming up and doing any damage to the hydraulic hoses and connectors? My dealer was about useless and said that I need a new coupler even though I explained the brush and that I have used the loader since with no issues. I believe if it were a coupler issue that pressure would cause it to disconnect while in use.

Thank you for any suggestions or wisdom.

God Bless,
Jake

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard #2  
A very simplistic solution (possibly) that I would try if it were me - maybe just wrap some duct tape around the connection so that the brush/sticks can’t pop it apart.

Worth a shot at least.

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard #4  
I do recall ever seeing a guard for protecting quick disconnects. Belly of tractor yes but not quick disconnect valve area. Suspect you might have to build a solution that works for circumstances.

One thought is to back over the heavier brush areas but this may not be a viable option if this is a really large area.

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard
My model is not cabbed. I knew with my application I would have the windows all scratched up.

I am not a fan of the duct tape option but it might be an option. Oldnsio has the right idea that I may have to fabricate something myself. Looking at the tractor there are a few spots that could be used to bolt something in place.

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard
I do recall ever seeing a guard for protecting quick disconnects. Belly of tractor yes but not quick disconnect valve area. Suspect you might have to build a solution that works for circumstances.

One thought is to back over the heavier brush areas but this may not be a viable option if this is a really large area.
Backup would not work for two reasons. One is that it is a flail mower I am using as it will destroy everything with the hammer blades. A flail mower gets quickly plugged if you go in reverse. The other reason is I have nearly 25 acres of this brush. Currently I am trying to just cut some trails through and will continue to open them up little by little.

The self fabricated is going to be the way to go I believe. Just don't want to cause damage to something stupid if it can be avoided.

/ Kubota LX3310 Hydraulic Guard #7  
Understand wanting to avoid damage and not familiar with how LX is made. Any option to have skid plate cover complete belly of tractor and then extend out to protect quick disconnects? I would be concerned about ripping something off bottom of tractor like filter , wires, hydraulic lines, etc. I built one when I had a BX since the filters and plastic fan are prone to damage.