Kubota L3540 Fluid change??

/ Kubota L3540 Fluid change??
I have a small hand pump I used to fill mine on the 400 hr fluid change. It took a while as it does not pull much per stroke like you found, but the time actually goes pretty fast and I didn't have to balance those heavy 2.5gal containers over a funnel in the air...

Glad you got 'er dun
Yeah, I had to balance a 5 gallon bucket over the funnel!
And thanks.

/ Kubota L3540 Fluid change?? #12  
5 gal pail pump works great for volume

5 gal pail pump works great for volume
The 5 gal bucket pump I looked at delivered 3 oz per pump, for 10 gallons that's 1280 pumps, I don't think so!

works great for my 15 gal hyd change. sure beats a small transfer pump or suction gun that really gets messy. i'm not afraid of repeated handwork as long as it limits contaminants & reduces the mess...
good luck on the change, regards

Yep, that's the exact one I was looking at, 3 oz a pump, no thanks.
I muscled those 5's up there and was done pouring in 10 minutes.

/ Kubota L3540 Fluid change?? #16  
Yep, that's the exact one I was looking at, 3 oz a pump, no thanks.
I muscled those 5's up there and was done pouring in 10 minutes.
here's another op for you, maybe out of your price range. saved me a lot of labor refueling. but it would work for hyd oil as well. will make quik work out of a 5 gal container, faster than my mr funnel can accomodate (@ full throttle) flow can be regulated @ nozzle trigger. best regards

/ Kubota L3540 Fluid change?? #18  
probably so, yours sounds like a small task. lots of gadgets out there, good luck on the change, regards

/ Kubota L3540 Fluid change?? #19  
Late to the thread but Did you pull ALL the drain plugs? The kubotas I have had there are multiple for the hydraulic/trans fluid. There are the big ones under trans and/or rear end.....but you also have to pull two out of either axle.

In either case.....sometimes I over fill a bit.....if I raise the loader and dump the bucket (makes the loader consume the most fluid) and get back to within a good range then I know its not "that" overfilled and I leave it alone.

If yours is a HST and you use the appropriate kubota SUDT.....chalk it up to a lesson learned at nearly $30/gal for the oil

I just bought the two hydraulic filters, 2-buckets of SUDT, and an engine filter from the kubota dealer. (I use rotella T6 for the engine sourced elsewhere). That was ~$480. So with the rotella I'll have about $520 in this next service