Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video #1  

Dexterous

Tractor
2019 Kubota B2650
Guys,

I purchased a new Kubota B2650 a few weeks ago and immediately installed an upgraded alternator to replace the under-powered dynamo. I took some time to create a how-to video and I finally had a moment to edit up the video and post it to Youtube. Here it is:

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video #3  
it's amazing they only had a 14 amp alternator stock!. and $217 for this mod seems too high. a single connection alternator, with the regulator built in could be used.. how many amps is the new alternator?..

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video
Yeah, it is too much and shame on Kubota for cutting an unacceptable corner. However, I wasn’t about to hack up a $30,000 investment that was only a few hours old to save $100.

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video #5  
One can get a universal single wire 100 amp alternator starting about $50.... BUT you will have to adapt mounts and such...

Dale

One can get a universal single wire 100 amp alternator starting about $50.... BUT you will have to adapt mounts and such...

Dale

Yeah, I totally understand but I wasn't willing to do that to a machine with five hours on the tach. In addition to the mechanical bits, there's also the subject of the wiring harness and electrical conversion.

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video #7  
Yeah, I totally understand but I wasn't willing to do that to a machine with five hours on the tach. In addition to the mechanical bits, there's also the subject of the wiring harness and electrical conversion.
there's no conversion required, you connect the wire going to the battery, and done!..

there's no conversion required, you connect the wire going to the battery, and done!..

Beyond creating a bracket, the factory dynamo outputs AC power, not DC and the system is wired for that. There is a voltage regulator under the dash that needs bypassed and without the correct harnesses, wires will need cut. There’s also a relay in the replacement harness but I honestly never even looked at it to see what it did.

/ Kubota B2650 Alternator Upgrade How-To Video #9  
I don’t disagree with you guys, that would work and it would be cheaper, it just wasn’t my preference.

The exact alternator from the kit that I purchased can be found on amazon for about $50. I seriously considered working up a harness and bracket.