Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino?

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #41  
Did you by chance use Shell T6 multi vehicle 5W40 in your car?
No just the 5w40 T6 diesel oil in the blue jug. I dont believe they even made multi vehicle at the time.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #42  
Do what I did. Email Shell oil and ask them.
I dont need to..I'm just going to use it like I have been all along.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino?
No just the 5w40 T6 diesel oil in the blue jug. I dont believe they even made multi vehicle at the time.
I just learned about their multi vehicle formula a few days ago.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #44  
I want to do the 50 hr maintenance on my BX25 and in my mind UDT2 was synthetic. Even though it states "Superior Synthetic Performance"

Super_UDT2.JPG

the MSDS sheet is here: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defa...ota-super-udt2-2_2-5-ga.pdf?sfvrsn=c6068022_2 (as previously stated by Jaydee325) made by Valvoline does not show the word synthetic in 17 pages. I have a local Ag Repair outfit that is a client of mine and he sells Dyna-Plex 21C Trac Gard Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid. Initially I was skeptical as (in my mind like I said) UDT2 was Synthetic but that is looking to be false...

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #45  
I want to do the 50 hr maintenance on my BX25 and in my mind UDT2 was synthetic. Even though it states "Superior Synthetic Performance"

View attachment 784235

the MSDS sheet is here: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/defa...ota-super-udt2-2_2-5-ga.pdf?sfvrsn=c6068022_2 (as previously stated by Jaydee325) made by Valvoline does not show the word synthetic in 17 pages. I have a local Ag Repair outfit that is a client of mine and he sells Dyna-Plex 21C Trac Gard Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid. Initially I was skeptical as (in my mind like I said) UDT2 was Synthetic but that is looking to be false...

I always thought UDT was dino, sUDT was semi synthetic, and sUDT2 was full synthetic. Apparently not, as the Kubota www site FAQ states that sUDT2 is 75% synthetic. No mention of UDT or sUDT that I could find.
Kubota | FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #46  
Not sure about synthetic but I will say that after using a better quality fluid, that cost just a little less than Kubota, I changed out to super UDT2 and results are amazing.
Was getting alot of whining noise from HST and relief valve always squealing. All gone after paying just a little more and following Kubota recommendations.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #47  
I've always used exactly what Kubota recommends. Dino - 15w40. After 14 years - it's still working just fine. Specifically - Shell Rotella T4 - 15w40.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #48  
I've always used exactly what Kubota recommends. Dino - 15w40. After 14 years - it's still working just fine. Specifically - Shell Rotella T4 - 15w40.
There’s nothing wrong with that, but I prefer synthetic because cold weather starts better and the engine runs smoother in cold weather (Dodge with 4.9 Cummins, MX tractor). My truck owners manual shows low temperatures where the block heater should be plugged in. It specifies a much lower temperature threshold for 5W-40 (synthetic) compared to 15W-40. I also like having a longer change interval.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #49  
The proof is in the pudding for me. At just under 6K hours on my one M9, it went in the shop for an overhead adjustment and injector pop off test as well as a dyno run and when Dennis pulled the valve cover (I was standing there) the overhead was 100% free of any varnish or deposits, just as clean as new and the injectors all had good spray patterns and popped off at the specified pressure. I had the back cover off the gearbox that spring to inspect the pto clutch pack (which can be accessed with the back pto cover removed (but not replaced as it's in front of the ring and pinion) and the interior of the gearbox was also as clean as new with no deposits.

I'll keep on using T6 and Chevron All Weather THC Synthetic. In my view, the proof is in the pudding.

Your mileage may vary but I know what mine is.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #50  

View attachment 784235

Kubota Super UDT is Hydrostatic Fluid for the Kubota Hydrostat transmission. Run as fast as you can if someone try's to sell you Super UDT to put in your engine.

The fluid is very clear and is hard to see on a dip stick or in fluid level windows to check fluid levels in hydro transmissions. John Deere sell a dye to add color to Hydrostatic Fluids to aid in providing color and visibility to the fluid.