Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino?

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino?
Still have that email? Can you post it please?

I ran t6 5w40 in a 09 accord that was burning 2qts every 1,000mi. I changed the oil about every 1,000mi and did that for about 7-10k. T6 actualy fixed the oil consumption issues I was having and have since changed to 5w30 and wont be 1qt low in 4,000mi. I have the same cat on the car they sold it with in 2009.
I will look for it. It's on my old desktop if it is anywhere. The reason for not using it on catalytic converter equipped vehicles is the high zinc or ZDDP, (don't recall which, it's been a few years) levels in the T6 (and perhaps other diesel oils, I don't know) does not play well with catalytic converters.

I sent an email two days ago to Shell oil just in case I couldn't find the old one. This reply seems word for word as far as their response a few years ago to the same query.

1675344837283.png

Last edited:
Still have that email? Can you post it please?

I ran t6 5w40 in a 09 accord that was burning 2qts every 1,000mi. I changed the oil about every 1,000mi and did that for about 7-10k. T6 actualy fixed the oil consumption issues I was having and have since changed to 5w30 and wont be 1qt low in 4,000mi. I have the same cat on the car they sold it with in 2009.
I'm not sure if you have been online since I posted the email I received from Shell. I only posted the most recent email, since it was the same as the one on my old computer from some years back. I hope that it answered all of your questions.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #34  
I will not be purchasing T6 I will be purchasing
Valvoline because the specs approx the same and
its $20 less than T6 at TSC and with the temps
in the 90's & 100"s 5W40 works for me

I can remember back in the 60's I wanted 10W30
and they put straight 20W in the back I didn't check
and when I went to change oil I had already drained
and filter off so added the 20W big mistake the next
morning the temp was -10 degrees and it wouldn't
even grunt! Our car calls for 10W20 but I do believe I will be using 10W30 pure synthetic

willy
And the Valvoline is endorsed by Cummins; the only oil with the C symbol on the jug. It is interesting that the article that Willie posted states that Valvoline is more expensive, but locally I have found the opposite to be true. But I buy the Valvoline at my local Cummins shop.

Last edited:
   / Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #35  
I'm not sure if you have been online since I posted the email I received from Shell. I only posted the most recent email, since it was the same as the one on my old computer from some years back. I hope that it answered all of your questions.
I still find that hard to believe. I wonder if it's due to emissions compliance and not that it will damage the cat.

I still find that hard to believe. I wonder if it's due to emissions compliance and not that it will damage the cat.
Do what I did. Email Shell oil and ask them.

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #37  
If t-6 is no good for catalytic converters, is it still ok to use in dpf equipped tractors or will it plug those up too?

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #38  
Pennzoil makes Kubota lubricants.
You are wrong as usual..Maybe try Valvoline for your next :poop: answer ..You do make me laugh though..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Did you by chance use Shell T6 multi vehicle 5W40 in your car?

/ Kubota 10W30 oil, synthetic or dino? #40  
I use nothing else but Valvoline. The man that invented motor oil (Dr. John Ellis) founded the company of Valvoline. That’s good enough for me. “People who know, use Valvoline”