Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #1  

Tim Stuart

Silver Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi bd2h dozer, Gradall G3WD, New Holland TC35a, Chevy Dump Truck
All, I am hoping someone here may have a little Komatsu Experience. I am currently digging a 2 acres pond on my place using my dozer. I was backing up at a rather slow speed and went to shift it from reverse to forward and when the shifter was about in the he neutral position I lost all power to the hydro tranny. Meaning when I move the shifter in forward or reverse I have nothing. I cant get it to move. It threw alarm codes DK31KB (steering angle sensor 2 : short circuit HST) , DK56KB (directional potentiometer 1 : short circuit HST) , DK57KB (directional potentiometer 2 : short circuit HST) , DK40KA ( Brake angle sensor disconnect HST), DK12KA (deceleration sensor disconnect HST), DAJ5KK (HST controller sensor Power-supply output disconnected HST), DK30KB ( steering angle sensor 1 short circuit HST), DK10kb (throttle angle sensor short circuit HST). All the info in the above () are from my book looking up the error codes. It seems to me all the errors are centered around the HST controller. So I have checked all the fuses and don't see any blown thinking I lost power to the HST controller but did not find a bad one.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on what to check next? Any way to do a total reset on the system?

The dozer up until now has been running great ! I bought about 6 months ago from a rental place and have put around 150 hours on it since the purchase so it's relative a new dozer to me. I am also new to the Komatsu world as I had a little Mitsubishi bd2h until I brought this one. The one thing I learned real quick when a Hydro hose started leaking is the Komatsu dealer is quiet proud of parts they wanted $650 plus shipping for the hose. So I cant afford just to start throwing parts at it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Tim

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #3  
Was you operating on an angle and the hydro intake got some air in it?

You may try disconnecting the batt., wait a min and see if it clears out the codes, then hook it back up and see what codes come back.

SR

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours
Mike I tried to post over there but for some reason the site would not let create a login as a new member. I read over all the time but never had tried to post anything there. Are you a member over there that you reach out to one of the MOD's ?

Sawyer, I was up on the rim of the pond so on fairly level ground. I also disconnected the battery for about 36 hours but it was like it never lost power from the battery. I may try leave disconnected from now until Saturday.

Thanks for the replies!

Regards

Tim

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #5  
It should only minutes to reset the puter...

Sorry, I'm guessing you have a problem over my pay grade, as i don't own a Komatsu...

SR

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #7  
Thanks for the link. I was final able to create a login over there and post the same question on it.

Regards,

Tim
If your sensor on your deceleration pedal goes bad it will not allow machine to go in gear. Your computer will think that there is no throttle being given even though there is throttle being given. You also could have your speed control computer under your seat shorted out

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #8  
I own a d31px-21 2008 and I’ve had just about every problem electrically you can have

/ Komatsu 2008 D31px21 Dozer with 2400 hours #9  
I presently am having issues with machine only traveling in a circle so I’m dealing with that