Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor?

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #1  

Klipper

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK2510
My FEL Bucket drops like a rocket and is very hard to control because it moves so fast. Is there a restrictor I can put inline to give me more control over the bucket, or the ability to move it much slower?

Thanks

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #2  
Yes, there are restrictors you can use. Get an adjustable one that adjusts the flow on one way but lets full flow on the other way. This way you fine tune the down speed exactly to your needs while still let full flow when lifting. Lifting is usually easier to control.

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #3  
Do you have the factory recommended hydraulic fluid in your tractor?

Incorrect fluid can cause all kinds of quirky hydraulic events.

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor?
Yes, I have the correct fluid. The tractor was purchased new and was that way from the beginning.

What restrictor would I buy and where do I get one?

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #5  
Places like Summit Hydraulics, Discount Hydraulic Hose, Surplus Center, etc should have what you need. You'll need to figure out what type of fittings you have so you get the right adapters.

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #6  
Yes, I have the correct fluid. The tractor was purchased new and was that way from the beginning.

Go to Summit Hydraulics and search on adjustable flow valves. It has to match your thread type.

But back up a minute. What is the original problem? I ask because loader buckets don't just "drop like a rocket". None of them do that. They ae made to tilt controllably because they have to tilt slowly to work right. It is easy - and necessary - to move the tip half an inch up or down with full power and complete control and have it stay at that angle while you work.

Some are faster than others, but with all of them a little lever motion gives a little movement. I've never seen one do what you say yours is doing. Something is way wrong, and restricting the flow would not be the first thing I'd do. Since it is new, consider the dealer.
rScotty

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #7  

Personally, I would change the hydraulic fluid myself before tampering with the design, unless this bucket drop is a known defect in the tractor model you have.

I think the likelihood of some klutz employed at the dealership or the factory installing the incorrect hydraulic fluid is much higher than the likelihood of incorrect design.

It is also possible you have a factory defective hydraulic valve.

T-B-N ARCHIVE POSTS:
CK2510 bucket drop site:www.tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #8  
The CK2510 does have a factory installed adjustable hydraulic valve. Look for the dial below your seat (in circled).
Kioti CK2510 1.jpg

/ Kioti CK2510 - Bucket drops too fast - flow restrictor? #10