Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!!

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!! #1  

JerryIke

Tractor
KiotiCK20
So I just got this CK20. It's around a 2010 model. When parked for a week it will drip out about a gallon of fluid. The previous owner said he thought a hefty stick went into a small opening underneath the trans and ruptured the seal. Also said it's been like that for about 5 years and he never wanted to split the tractor to fix it. Is this plausible or am I in for a bigger surprise? There is an opening about of almost an oval shape about 2 1/2 inches which slopes forward and slightly downward, almost like a small funnel "mouth". It's a great running tractor and I'm needing to use it 4 or 5 days a week...I'd really hate to split it if it's something I can fix from the topside and the repair manual that came with it does not address it Thanks in advance for your help!!

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!! #2  
Step one is really to pinpoint the source of the leak. Who knows - if you’re lucky, it may be just a loose connection or fitting.

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!! #3  
Yep, I agree. Give it a good pressure wash in the area of the leak, maybe spray the area with a de-greaser first, and then park it on a dry area and get underneath it to locate the leak…

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!! #4  
if it leaks a gallon over night the leak should be easy to find

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!!
Alrighty.....It turns out to be where the front drive shaft goes into the front of the trans. Seal on the trans side is bad. Easy fix!!! Thanks for all your pointers!!

/ Kioti CK20 leaking trans fluid....A LOT!!! #6  
Cool. If you’re fixing it yourself, tell us how it went….