Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation?

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation? #11  
I'm an overly protective uncle myself and it's tough to offer any suggestions without knowing where and under what conditions the kids will be riding. The bikes you link would be awesome for any kid but if they ride on public roads, they may not be legal since they have no pedals.

Do the kids have conventional bikes? If so, have they had any serious accidents? Powered toy vehicles are definitely fun but they can amplify injury when you consider the increased speeds.

My family has had electric bicycles for several years now. They are legal to ride almost anywhere in my state without license, registration or insurance. We ride on back roads, park trails and around our acreage with no accidents or injuries. I usually don't let our 8 and 10 year-old nephews ride unsupervised though unless it's on our property.

Lately, I've been letting them run around the place on my old riding mower. One day, I hope to put their enthusiasm to good use and do some mowing. :)

Treasure them while they're young!

/ Kids gocart, ATV or bike recomendation?
I'm an overly protective uncle myself and it's tough to offer any suggestions without knowing where and under what conditions the kids will be riding. The bikes you link would be awesome for any kid but if they ride on public roads, they may not be legal since they have no pedals.

Do the kids have conventional bikes? If so, have they had any serious accidents? Powered toy vehicles are definitely fun but they can amplify injury when you consider the increased speeds.

My family has had electric bicycles for several years now. They are legal to ride almost anywhere in my state without license, registration or insurance. We ride on back roads, park trails and around our acreage with no accidents or injuries. I usually don't let our 8 and 10 year-old nephews ride unsupervised though unless it's on our property.

Lately, I've been letting them run around the place on my old riding mower. One day, I hope to put their enthusiasm to good use and do some mowing. :)

Treasure them while they're young!
Ya, they have bicycles & no accidents. My brother & sister-in-law do a good job of not being helicopter parents but keeping them reasonably wrangled. They wouldn't be used on public roads. They have 5ish acres & any riding would be on their property or grandparents 5-10 acres. The old Minneapolis Moline tractor my brother inherited is ancient enough it doesn't have a 3pt. But grampa has a relatively new Kubota that gets carted over for tractoring a few times a year. It's likely to be conscripted at some point in a few years to put in a few banks & corners for a hypothetical track of some sort. They won't be unsupervised, at least for a while, but will be supervised like farm kids.

They like helping mow. My youngest nephew recently helped dad fuel the mower up while he wasn't looking... with the garden hose. I wouldn't be surprised if the older one is mowing while supervised in the next year or so if not already.