K L3800 PTO poor pto cable

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #1  

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
Anyone has a solution for this cable I will have changed twice when the dealer receive it next week. Not very fun, I was working in the wood, tried to engage the pto to winch some fir logs, nothig …

With a snow storm coming…

TKS

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #2  
Haven't had to replace mine, but have had to lube it up on occasion. Mine has a tendency to stick on rather than not engage the PTO. Either way it can be a pain. Thanks for reminding me though, I'll hit it with some silicone spray this morning before I plow.

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #3  
Is your cable breaking? Where? tractor side or the lever side? You should have the correct pto lever with the L3800... earlier versions of the L3400 were too short and would bend / kink / break the cable.

Once I replace the pto lever to the longer version, I have not had any more problems (12+ years)

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable
If I understand your point, I’d say it breaks lever side. How to know if I have the correct version ?

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #5  
I can measure them in the morning for you... really, this was an earlier problem that was fixed on the model just before the L3800...

Only other thing, is you need to lube the cable (inside) and lube up the spring that is on the outside of the transmission (?) (tractor body)... photos in the morning...

TKS

/ K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #7  
The lever at top shouldn't be the problem. The lower spring, if it doesn't move freely can kink the cable. It's behind a shield and hard to blow off. My shield was only on the tractor for a month before I removed it...

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_114839863_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230224_114839863_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230224_115651396_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230224_115651396_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
   / K L3800 PTO poor pto cable #8  
If the cable breaks or gets stuck and you're in a bind can't you engage or disengage it by hand?

The lever at top shouldn't be the problem. The lower spring, if it doesn't move freely can kink the cable. It's behind a shield and hard to blow off. My shield was only on the tractor for a month before I removed it...
Thank you very much, I appreciate a lot.

If the cable breaks or gets stuck and you're in a bind can't you engage or disengage it by hand?
Fisrt time it broke, I could grip the wire with a vicegrip and pull it. This time it seems the wire is cut at the level attachment and has slipped into its envelope. Didn’t find an easy alternative solution yet…