Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know?

/ Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know? #1  

forestermassey

Tractor
massey ferguson 135
I am excited to get to work with my new tractor. I have a 50 year old Massey 135 and it has run its course. I have a 3rd function added so I can get a brush grapple to go with it. Also hoping to buy a Genesis 3 no til drill in the near future. I should be set. Anyone else have one? Whats been your experience?

I found a guy who has one and he likes it but said the hand brake will freeze under cold conditions. Well, it had rained and turned cold. When it was delivered, the emergency brake was froze also. Thawed quick in my garage. He said he has tried everything to keep it from happening. McCormick engineers take note.

/ Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know? #2  
:thumbsup: Congrats on the new tractor. It must be very different from the old MF?

/ Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know? #3  
Congrats on the new machine.

The Mccormick X1 series are just a clone of the Branson 20 series. They just rebadged it.

I've never heard of someone having the handbrake freezing but it can happen. I think it's just moisture in the brake cables (2 I believe) that will freeze under cold temps.

Other than that it's a really solid machine. Really stable, nice power. Everything is well built and very strong.

/ Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know?
Thanks ptsg:

I know the x1.35 is a clone of the Branson 3520 (us). McCormick dealer was closer and I like the color scheme better. Also the iconic name.

/ Just had my X1.35 delivered, what should I know? #5  
Oh yeah, definitely an iconic brand. I love seeing those antique Mccormick tractors starting after abandoned for so long.

Anyway, here is a service manual for the Branson 20 series. Should apply to your tractor also.

Branson 20 series service manual

:thumbsup: Congrats on the new tractor. It must be very different from the old MF?

This was the first day I was able to run tractor with an implement that required the PTO. Been cold and rainy and just dry enough to run the finish mow one last time. Had some wet spots and normally my MF 135 (42hp) would noticeably bog down when I hit those wet spots. The x1 just went though with no problems and I was running the 540e pto.

I knew the diesel would have better torque and now I am finding out how it feels. So far the tractor is a MAJOR upgrade from my 50 year old Massey.

Oh yeah, definitely an iconic brand. I love seeing those antique Mccormick tractors starting after abandoned for so long.

Anyway, here is a service manual for the Branson 20 series. Should apply to your tractor also.

Branson 20 series service manual

Thanks PTSG. I normally print those out but saved this one to my computer. I like doing my own work so it should come in handy.