John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #1  

dibona

Tractor
Deere, Kubota, Jacobsen
I have a John Deere 1570 front mower tractor with a 60 inch side discharge mower deck. I want a 72 inch side discharge mower deck, but I have been told by my dealer that John Deere does not sell them. The dealer told me I would have to buy a 72 inch shell for $7782.26 plus shipping and then buy all the wheels, supports, spindles belts blades, covers, etc and build one. I had a little trouble believing that. but in a call to John Deere customer support I was told to go back to the dealer.

Does anyone have an Idea as to how I might get a 72 inch mower for the 1570? I can find nothing on the internet.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #2  
Try a different dealer first. Hard to believe you can order that tractor with different deck sizes, but you can't buy just a deck.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

I agree with MossRoad: According to Tractordata.com your 1570 can be ordered with a 72" deck so they must be supported and available. Try a different JD dealership's Parts/Service department.

Enjoy the site.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #4  
JD Customer Support are correct - Go back to your dealer.

Bypass the 'Parts' counter and find a salesman - The complete deck is considered "Wholegoods" and is ordered by the salesman using a "BMxxxxxx" part number.
Yes, 'Parts' can supply the components.
'Sales' supply the whole unit.
You can buy a Side Discharge, Rear Discharge and (I think) a Flex Deck to fit your 1570.
60" options are also available, as you know.

Make sure you fill the gearbox, grease the spindles and gauge wheels as well as the castors and the PTO shaft UJ's before using it.

Congrat's on your first post in 10 years.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #5  
Bloody good advice Spanner... I would not have known that about the "Wholegoods" versus the 'Parts' angle. It makes sense the way you've described the process.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines.
Thanks to all of you. Of course, I will try another dealer. But I did speak to the senior sales person at the dealership as I had trouble believing what I was told. I was astonished that I could not buy a new deck for all the reasons you have stated and made all the points you raised. I should add that I had a long discussion with customer service during which I made all the arguments that you all have made again. It was after a long wait in which the customer service person conferred with others and could not find a way to buy the deck that I was told to speak to my dealer. That was not much help. Does anyone at John Deere read these posts?

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines.
Thanks JD325 but when I looked at the catalog, it does no list a complete deck, only parts.

/ John Deere apparently does not sell Mower decks for some of it's current model machines. #9  
So once you order the specific deck with the machine, you're stuck with it for life?

Even though they offer several different decks as options?

You couldn't order one machine with two decks if you wanted to?

That's insane.

I guess you could check tractor junk yards.

Or see if you can find someone that wants to trade you decks, but that would be like a needle in a haystack.

Yikes. Sorry for your dilemma. :(

Thanks to all. If anyone knows of a 72-inch side discharge mower that would fit for sale, please let me know. Does anyone have any idea why John Deere would have such a hard-to-understand policy?