John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing #1  

jdeere815

Tractor
John Deere 2320
I was wondering if anyone uses a JD 2320 for snow blowing and mowing? I just purchased a house on 8 acres with about 3 acres of mowable yard and a 572ft paved driveway. Does the tractor have enough power to snow blow Northern PA winters and is it compact enough to mow a flat and pretty open 3 acres?

The tractor I am looking at has a 62 inch deck, a loader, and a snow blower.

I am coming from an apartment, so I need something to plow and something to mow with and was hoping this would check all the boxes. Price wise, I could also get a used ATV and a used Zero Turn to do the mowing and plowing.

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing #2  
I don't have experience with that particular machine, but it is certainly capable of accomplishing the tasks you list. Generally speaking, SCUTS and CUTS are compromise machines. Nothing wrong with that.
A zero turn will cut circles around a tractor with a mower of similar (or greater) size. I personally cut my 6 acres with a big zero turn, and have a tractor for snow and loader work. If time cutting is not really a factor, I would go with the tractor...

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing #3  
Yes, it will handle those tasks well. I've had my 2320 for over 10 years. I mow a couple of properties with a 62D deck and it works well. Plan on a couple of hours to mow an open 3 acres. I had a rear mount 60" snowblower for several years and sold it when I adapted a snow plow to it. In our area (80 inches of snow in an average year) the snow plow is a lot quicker. If I had the front mount snow blower I might prefer that, but I'm very happy with the plow. If you have a front mount snowblower, you will probably also want some type of blade. I plow with a box blade on back to clean up and to add weight for traction.

Compared with the atv/zero turn option, with 8 acres I would guess you will end up with tasks that you want a tractor and loader. At least if you are anything like me.

The 2320 is a very solid machine. I've put a post in the JD section on my 1000 hour report with no significant problems. If I had it to do over again, I would seriously consider a 2720 for the greater HP and faster hydraulics, but the trade off would be more weight when mowing. The only significance weakness in the design is the difficulty in accessing the engine driveshaft u-joints to lubricate them, but it is possible with a little effort and needle grease fittings on the grease gun.

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing
Yes, it will handle those tasks well. I've had my 2320 for over 10 years. I mow a couple of properties with a 62D deck and it works well. Plan on a couple of hours to mow an open 3 acres. I had a rear mount 60" snowblower for several years and sold it when I adapted a snow plow to it. In our area (80 inches of snow in an average year) the snow plow is a lot quicker. If I had the front mount snow blower I might prefer that, but I'm very happy with the plow. If you have a front mount snowblower, you will probably also want some type of blade. I plow with a box blade on back to clean up and to add weight for traction.

Compared with the atv/zero turn option, with 8 acres I would guess you will end up with tasks that you want a tractor and loader. At least if you are anything like me.

The 2320 is a very solid machine. I've put a post in the JD section on my 1000 hour report with no significant problems. If I had it to do over again, I would seriously consider a 2720 for the greater HP and faster hydraulics, but the trade off would be more weight when mowing. The only significance weakness in the design is the difficulty in accessing the engine driveshaft u-joints to lubricate them, but it is possible with a little effort and needle grease fittings on the grease gun.
Awesome, great review - thank you!

The one I am looking at has a front mount snow blower. Never really considered getting a blade, but might consider that.

Yes I could find plenty of tasks with a tractor and loader lol.

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing #5  
The modern tractor by comparison would be a JD 1025r or JD 2025r. I own a 2025r. I know someone that owns one I agree they are generally solid machines. I’m sure there is some kind of problems that pop up with them but nothing specific I know of. Assuming a factory JD snow blower they are sized for the machine and will work well together.

/ John Deere 2320 For Mowing and Snow Blowing #6  
I've had a 2320 with a 60 inch mower for 10 years or so. No problems, does what I expect of it. I would think that with the front mount snowblower you mentioned you should be good to go.