John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #1  

skeeter1

Tractor
john deere 110tlb
My hours meter stopped working and I am getting ready to sell it and need it working because I have under 800 hrs on it pulled cluster did not find anything wrong what else could be wrong thanks

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #2  
Thinking more information is needed, especially about what you did when you "did not find anything wrong".

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #3  
My hours meter stopped working and I am getting ready to sell it and need it working because I have under 800 hrs on it pulled cluster did not find anything wrong what else could be wrong thanks
beenthere is correct, you should provide more information. I will take a stab at it never the less. If it is the mechanical spinning cable type then you might need a new cable. If it is electronic then you will likely have to get the multi tester out.

Hope this helps!!

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #4  
If it is electronic you most likely have a magnet embedded in your flywheel and a pickup coil screwed up close to it down at the bell housing. You can disconnect the pickup coil first connector you come to and then see if you have continuity back through it. Sometimes they burn out. A few times they work their way too close to the magnet or too far away and damage themselves. This arrangement produces a pulse at the cluster which is very hard to diagnose by site. Hope this helps.

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #5  
No other codes flashing?
The MFWD hall effect sensor is well know for failing on these, but there are usually codes too.

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #6  
it is common for earlier model 110tlb's hour meter to quit reading. Luckily i hooked up a aftermarket one before the original went out so i could match hours.

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #7  
how would you adjust the hrs on the new meter? I'm assuming it's digital? I have a 2001 JD 4700 that when you unhook the battery to replace it. the meter went 0000 I bought a new 1 . but not a clue how to make the hrs correct??

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #9  
how would you adjust the hrs on the new meter? I'm assuming it's digital? I have a 2001 JD 4700 that when you unhook the battery to replace it. the meter went 0000 I bought a new 1 . but not a clue how to make the hrs correct??
well it's a aftermarket hobbs meter, It was easy I hooked it up to my battery charger and let it run for like 6 months straight.

/ John deere 110 tlb hours meter not working #10  
Whatever hours on it when installed simply write "+(hours)" on new meter.