JD 770 Dies when put in gear.

/ JD 770 Dies when put in gear.
Next dilemma, I don't think I have a mid pto, there is no box with a switch. So the jumped cables I assume are for mid pto. Back to bypassing seat. Can I wire nut the wires?

I do not have anything that resembles this.
Screenshot_20230319_130632.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. We did get it moving. It was the seat safety switch. I did wire nut the the two reds together and black and white together to bypass and we are rolling!!! I am so happy I didn't have to buy another part.

/ JD 770 Dies when put in gear. #15  
Great you figured it out!
Not sure what year yours is but on my '97 I just put a thin washer between the plunger and the bracket and it's been working for years now. I didn't want to mess around with cutting wires and such.
I realize he put a new seat on so just something to think about if you go back to the original seat or if some else is thinking about it.

/ JD 770 Dies when put in gear. #16  
I reckon you could strip off all of that green paint and rust. Put on a good coat of primer and paint it red. Should solve all of your problems. :)

/ JD 770 Dies when put in gear. #17  
Hello my favorite tractor peeps. My newest issue after replacing the fuel shut-off solenoid, relay moduel and and all the seals on the hydraulic cylinders I find that the tractor now starts properly but dies when put into gear. My father whom we inherited the tractor from had cut the seat safety switch to override prior to all the reports and it was working fine. I'm wondering if after repairing the relay if it now needs this switch to be reattached in some way or of it could be something else. Any suggestions.
I'd check seat switch first and its wiring. I developed an intermittent problem on my 1070 years ago that turned out to be the seat safety switch plunger - From seat bouncing, it had developed a thinned area with an abrupt change to the original diameter that would sometimes catch and support the plunger from plunging, and act like I was off the seat, where it was supposed to slide. Lifting the seat and moving the plunger by hand didn't expose the problem.
Nox Vidmate VLC

Last edited: