jd 6420 w/640 self level loader icv switch not working on loader joystick (2004)

/ jd 6420 w/640 self level loader icv switch not working on loader joystick (2004) #1  

dgw76

Tractor
My electronic joystick is not working.icv switch is malfunctioning. I saw a post on here somewhere saying an omron d2jw-01k11 icv switch should fix problem in joystick. Has anyone changed this switch in loader control and if so how difficult is it to do? And what kind of switch did you use? John deere doesn't sell the switch and they want $1500 for new loader stick which is ridiculous. Please give advice if you can help me out.

/ jd 6420 w/640 self level loader icv switch not working on loader joystick (2004) #2  
The switch in question is the hand presence switch. When it goes bad, it won't allow loader function. They can be bought in many places such as this: D2JW-01K11 Omron Electronics Inc-EMC Div | SW1160-ND | DigiKey. I have replaced a few. The joystick need to be removed from the tractor. Remove the hand flap by removing the screw holding the pivot pin. Then pop off the top cap using a thin screwdriver or knife blade. Then the grip can be split in half by removing three screws. You may need to remove some sealant covering the screw heads. The switch can then be removed. The wires are soldered onto the switch. unsolder it rather than cutting wires so you have enough length to resolder to new switch. Reassemble and install joystick. Parts cost; about 10 bucks. Even if you need to hire someone to solder it in, it will be much cheaper than $1500.00.

/ jd 6420 w/640 self level loader icv switch not working on loader joystick (2004)
Ok.great. Thank you for the advice. Very appreciated!

/ jd 6420 w/640 self level loader icv switch not working on loader joystick (2004) #4  
Were you able to replace the d2jw-01k11. I have a JD 6420 and the joy stick just stopped working. I am planning to replace the switch. Any advice is greatly appreciated.