Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly.

/ Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly. #1  

Marcle

Silver Member
Herefordshire/Gloucestershire boarders UK
Tractor
Iseki 2140
I thought Iseki and Kubota engines were the same, but they're not, however I'm wondering if the flywheels are the same?

Would someone who has their 3 cylinder diesel engine out, be able to take some dimensions for me please?

Can I have the following dimensions please?;
  • Outside diameter of the crankshaft boss the flywheel fits on to?
  • PCD measurement of the five flywheel fixings (I appreciate this may not be so easy)?
  • Outside diameter of the flywheel?
  • Number of teeth on the starter ring?
Please let me also know what Iseki your engine is out of please?

Thank you to any one who takes the trouble to help

Attachments

• IMG_20220601_160808small.jpg
    IMG_20220601_160808small.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20220602_203348small.jpg
    IMG_20220602_203348small.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 106
   / Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly.
Sorry, another flywheel question. Are the Iseki flywheels dished/recessed, or flat like my photo above?

Thanks again.

/ Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly. #3  
I have spare engine sitting on the garage floor with flywheel,

obviously you engine is still fitted, why are you planning a change of engine?

my engine is a K3B.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly.
I have spare engine sitting on the garage floor with flywheel,

obviously you engine is still fitted, why are you planning a change of engine?

my engine is a K3B.

Chris
Hi Chris,

My dumper has a Lister diesel engine. I modified it about 20 years a go, where I fitted a second flywheel on the starting handle side, then fitted an electric starter motor to engage with the second flywheel. The main reason I fitted the electric start, was at that time I had just had open heart surgery, so had no strength in my arms due to having had my rib cage chopped open!
Over the past 20 years or so, my poor dumper has been getting smokier and more difficult to start. It used to start with a quick flick of the key, but not any longer. So is in desperate need of a transplant, so this is where the Kubota engine come in.

The Kubota has never seen a clutch assembly before, as bolted to the flywheel was a Vee belt pulley, from which I understand it drove a hydraulic pump on a ride on gang mower thing that the council use for cutting grass on playing fields etc.
I've got a Suzuki 4x4 gearbox just the right size for the Kubota flywheel and back plate (the box on the Lister engine has a huge bell housing), so I now need to drill the flywheel to suit the Suzuki clutch. I had hoped to find a Kubota flywheel already drilled for a clutch, but no luck on that score. I do have a dividing head, so have to have a go drilling the flywheel with that.
Since getting the Kubota engine, I've acquired a Suzuki 4x4 engine (with clutch) and another gearbox. But no starter motor, unfortunately these starter motors are like hens teeth, unless you buy new.reconditioned.

Basically everything is on stop for now, as I need a starter motor for the Suzuki engine/box. I'm now reluctant to fit the Kubota engine as if I sold it, it would recover all my expenditure so far, but it depends on whether the Suzuki runs and does not smoke when I test run it.

Thanks for your interest Chris :)

Steve

/ Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly. #5  
May not help you, but when I needed a clutch and pressure plate for my iseki built 21 hp Bolens tractor the oem and used parts were ridiculously high. I found a large clutch and drive shaft shop and they rebuilt the pressure plate and found a common Toyota clutch disc that matched perfectly. Also found a throw out bearing. Saved me hundreds of $.
I realize you are a long way from Shreveport, LA, but its a thought.

/ Iseki flywheel and clutch assembly. #7  
Hi Steve, you have a few options there all being well, so your not needing any info from the K3B engine now by the looks of things.

Good luck with your dumper.

Chris
Hi Chris,

My dumper has a Lister diesel engine. I modified it about 20 years a go, where I fitted a second flywheel on the starting handle side, then fitted an electric starter motor to engage with the second flywheel. The main reason I fitted the electric start, was at that time I had just had open heart surgery, so had no strength in my arms due to having had my rib cage chopped open!
Over the past 20 years or so, my poor dumper has been getting smokier and more difficult to start. It used to start with a quick flick of the key, but not any longer. So is in desperate need of a transplant, so this is where the Kubota engine come in.

The Kubota has never seen a clutch assembly before, as bolted to the flywheel was a Vee belt pulley, from which I understand it drove a hydraulic pump on a ride on gang mower thing that the council use for cutting grass on playing fields etc.
I've got a Suzuki 4x4 gearbox just the right size for the Kubota flywheel and back plate (the box on the Lister engine has a huge bell housing), so I now need to drill the flywheel to suit the Suzuki clutch. I had hoped to find a Kubota flywheel already drilled for a clutch, but no luck on that score. I do have a dividing head, so have to have a go drilling the flywheel with that.
Since getting the Kubota engine, I've acquired a Suzuki 4x4 engine (with clutch) and another gearbox. But no starter motor, unfortunately these starter motors are like hens teeth, unless you buy new.reconditioned.

Basically everything is on stop for now, as I need a starter motor for the Suzuki engine/box. I'm now reluctant to fit the Kubota engine as if I sold it, it would recover all my expenditure so far, but it depends on whether the Suzuki runs and does not smoke when I test run it.

Thanks for your interest Chris :)

Steve