Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up?

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
You know how it is, sometimes some member just rubs you the wrong way. For whatever reason. Rather than get into some sort of confrontation it is best for me to just ignore that member. I have done this. Once. I no longer see this person's posts and they are not even aware that this is so. So no aggravation. Related to this sometimes I wish I could no longer see certain threads. But I cannot find out how to block certain threads so that I never see them. There must be a way. I'm probably just inept. So, if there is a way to keep threads from showing up on my computer or tablet I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how to do it.
Thanks,
Eric

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #2  
Yes. For example I just put you on my ignore list. Now when I back up a page to where I found this thread it is no longer there. GL

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #3  
Yes. For example I just put you on my ignore list. Now when I back up a page to where I found this thread it is no longer there. GL

I imagine that only works if you ignore the thread poster. What if you want to ignore a thread but not the person that created it?

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #4  
A "hide this thread" button (and maybe, a "hide this forum" button) would sure make scanning the "Today's Posts" a lot faster.

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #5  
There use to be an 'unsubscribe' button so that threads one posted on would no longer show up on the 'my home' page with every new post on it.

/ Is there any way to keep a certain thread from showing up? #6  
There still is that button but now they call it Watching the thread. So click on the thread tools and stop watching it... But it doesn't make the thread disappear.

The easy solution for the OP is just skip over it and don't read it...

1677120627837.png