Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors?

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #1  

foxman

Tractor
JD X758, JD 4400, JD 332, Kubota T1880, Kubota GR 2110, JD H, JD B
When I bought a new JD 4400 Compact tractor I foolishly included a 74 Front Blade, dozer type, and a 66" Commercial 60 Belly Mower. The blade has never been used and the mower only 20 or 30 hours at most. How can I find buyers for these rather unique attachments?

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2977.JPG
    IMG_2977.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2968.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
   / Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #2  
I'm sure someone will be interested. That stuff is hard to find in that good of condition

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #3  
That's not foolish, it sounds smart to me. I wish you were around here. I'd love to find a "used" front blade like that for snow.
But why don't you want to keep it?

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors?
never use it...I have a snow blower

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #5  
never use it...I have a snow blower

OK. It sounds like you know tractors and know what you want. I assume the front blade has Quick Attach (QA) of some kind. Is the QA a SSQA or the JD proprietary type? Sure is a nice looking blade.....
rScotty

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #6  
OK. It sounds like you know tractors and know what you want. I assume the front blade has Quick Attach (QA) of some kind. Is the QA a SSQA or the JD proprietary type? Sure is a nice looking blade.....
rScotty
It is the type that mounts to the frame when the loader is not on the tractor.

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #7  
Oh, of course it is. That isn't common here & I've been curious how well one would work.

/ Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors?
sorry, missed a couple posts. Yes, it mounts to the frame with typical quick-tatch mounts...just like a garden tractor blade or blower, but a bit larger pins. It would be a great little dozer, but is 4-way rather than 6-way blade. A crafty guy might make a belly blade of it, come to think of it. would have to mount at the rear rather than mid-point of a larger tractor...we adapted a JD 43 Center Blade (belly blade), which was for JD 110 through 214 models, to a 332 with full hydraulic control and it is the cat's meow for stone driveways...just like the county maintainer/road grader! you can't get a drive or road flat with a rear blade, of course...seldom have to buy stone! can't believe it's not still made for current tractors. so, here's an opportunity to make your own road grader. (patent not pending)

Attachments

• IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
   / Is there a market for a belly mower and front blade to fit 4200 to 4400 Compact Tractors? #9  
Is that front blade compatible with a 955?

It is bolt-on for 4200, 4300, 4400 and the following 10 series - 4210, 4310, 4410. It could be made to fit many other compact tractors, but I can't say what it would take. Basically, you would have to get the blade's four quick-attach mounting brackets (see the photo) onto a tractor and then it's just the four spring-loaded pins to install and remove the blade. It could be made to fit any brand tractor which has two selective control valves. (raise/lower and angle) As I wrote earlier I think m it would make a great belly blade for lane maintenance if fabricated to mount on a larger tractor such that the mounts would be towards the rear and the blade underneath where the mounts would be for a front blade. Anybody near enough to north-central Ohio want to give it a try?