Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD?

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD? #1  

greenrider1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC
I'm just throwing this out there since I've never liked the rear discharge deck. I have an F3080 that I've had since new in 2015 which currently has 300 engine hours. I also use this for snow removal and other tasks so I'm estimating hours on the mower deck to be around 200, give or take. The mower has always been stored inside year round so the deck is still in excellent shape. It has only seen light residential use and still has the original blades, which get sharpened yearly. It gets fully greased every other time, so every 2-3 hours on average. I'm in Cortland, NY if anyone is interested in trading. I'm only interested in trading the mower deck only, not the entire machine, and only 72" decks. I can post some pics if anyone is interested. Thanks.

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD? #2  
Why don’t you like rear discharge deck?
Throws clippings on you?

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD?
Why don’t you like rear discharge deck?
Throws clippings on you?
The only time I get a decent looking cut is if I mow extremely often, otherwise it clumps terrible coming out the back. I've tried gator blades but they made little to no difference. I've had plenty of other mowers before this, including a 3 point rear discharge, that left a nice looking lawn even in taller grass. It also blows clippings all over the underside of the tractor. The clippings literally pack into every crevice underneath. I know some on here like them.

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD? #4  
The only time I get a decent looking cut is if I mow extremely often, otherwise it clumps terrible coming out the back. I've tried gator blades but they made little to no difference. I've had plenty of other mowers before this, including a 3 point rear discharge, that left a nice looking lawn even in taller grass. It also blows clippings all over the underside of the tractor. The clippings literally pack into every crevice underneath. I know some on here like them.
Well I know this doesn’t make you feel any better, but I was 50/50 on buying a side or rear discharge deck and basically flipped a coin and went with side discharge
After reading your results with rear discharge, I’m pretty happy with my choice.

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD?
Well I know this doesn’t make you feel any better, but I was 50/50 on buying a side or rear discharge deck and basically flipped a coin and went with side discharge
After reading your results with rear discharge, I’m pretty happy with my choice.
I think you made the right decision. The only time I've been pleased with the cut is when my grass is very dry, like during a dry summer, so the clippings are minimal.

/ Is anyone interested in swapping F series mower decks? My 72" RD for your 72" SD? #6  
I sold my ZD1211 72RD

The “cut” was FINE & the same as my SD Deck.

I loved not getting covered with clippings no matter which way the wind was blowing ;) & no grass or rocks thrown on driveway or into the road. X

as mentioned tho - you have to cut weekly to avoid clumps / windrows from heavy clippings.

they both have their advantages

Just giving this a bump to see if there's any interest. I've managed to find two 72" SD decks within a five hour drive from me but they were both sold before I could snatch them up, within a couple days of the listing. Used decks for F series tractors seem to be very few and far between, and they seem to sell fast.