Intimidator side ×side anyone own one

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #1  

snowbelt geauga

Silver Member
Tractor
Ls XU 6158C
Looking at an Intimidator GC1K . Looks like well built machine but I can't find any real world reviews. Looking for input on this unit.

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #2  
My neighbor had the Mahindra version and it had many electrical issues. Ended up being bought back by the company after they could not fix the problems. Seemed pretty decent otherwise though.

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #3  
I was looking last year and a JD dealer had one on his lot. I was able to talk to the former owner and he said it broke two rear axles, so he traded it for a Gator.

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one
They sound well built but I can't find any reviews

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #7  
I own a 2014 intimidator diesel. Haven’t had any issues at all with it. I use it mainly to get around on the land l hunt on. Rides great but doesn’t go very fast, around 30 mph.

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #8  
Don't know where you are at buying... but I have used one that I picked up to replace a Yamaha Rhino that burnt to the ground... love mine and haven't had any problems... I find it hard to believe that someone broke 2 axles as posted by someone else as the axle and suspension is heavier than any comparable UTV... I would suspect massive abuse/neglect. I have the Stage 2 but also have the Stage 3 Elka shocks... love the tilt steering wheel and power steering, electric dump bed, ... the thing is a beast.. while advertised to achieve 60mph... I have never gone over 35 on it

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #9  
We are considering their base model, the Classic, in the electric version and have generally heard good things and they appear well built and I noted their roll cages are said to comply with voluntary guidelines for strength (“ROHVA (Recreation Off-Highway Vehicle Association) certified Roll Cage adds peace of mind and stability when riding in any side by side. Made from 1.75" diameter steel tubing, this creates a protective frame around both driver and passenger.“). Looking for reviews online, I have noticed the Intimidators were often not included for some reason, like they had pissed in someone’s cornflakes or something. YouTube has a bunch of videos on Intimidator UTV’s, many by dealers and the manufacturer and some by owners. Bonus points for being made in America, at least imo.

/ Intimidator side ×side anyone own one #10  
We are considering their base model, the Classic, in the electric version and have generally heard good things and they appear well built and I noted their roll cages are said to comply with voluntary guidelines for strength (“ROHVA (Recreation Off-Highway Vehicle Association) certified Roll Cage adds peace of mind and stability when riding in any side by side. Made from 1.75" diameter steel tubing, this creates a protective frame around both driver and passenger.“). Looking for reviews online, I have noticed the Intimidators were often not included for some reason, like they had pissed in someone’s cornflakes or something. YouTube has a bunch of videos on Intimidator UTV’s, many by dealers and the manufacturer and some by owners. Bonus points for being made in America, at least imo.
Its the same company that makes Spartan mowers (owner was involved in Bad Boy mowers and owns the patents from what I recall)... Christian based company and made in America with the exception of the TGB engine. I had the same experience as you... overlooked when compared the standard makes... Polaris is real big around my area... have never really liked them. The 1 thing I did like about the Yamaha was the engine was governed and you didnt have to ride the brakes going downhill so much (particularly in mountains) Polaris and others kinda freewheel requiring to ride the brakes....Intimidator is in between i.e. keep foot slightly on gas the engine is geared slowing you down (is best I can describe it)