Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #1  

the old grind

Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
Engine in this guy is a Wisconsin single. I'm guessing it's 8 or 10 HP despite attachments. Belt drive to the transmission is on the left, & chain drive to the rears on the right under guards. Included are front blade and 'long-arm' mount, reel mower, and side-mount sickle bar. All look to be 36" wide at most, about matching o'all width. Rear rims look like 12"of not taller, fronts might be 8".

Note the size of the seat for perspective. Other than a nice 80% Classic Wisconsin decal we haven't spotted any identifying tags or numbers ... yet. What looks like a gearbox moves freely to three positions as if having F & R with a center N, no up/down mov't. Other operating controls aren't prominent. A heavy cylindrical gizmo Like a 3/4gal paint can might be seems to go with the sickle bar but that's also how it was loaded and why I didn't get better pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
   / Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive
I seems we have a spare transmission and neither mount or drive for the sicke-bar.

IMG_2075.JPG

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #3  
Coming along for the ride to see what this beauty is.

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #4  
Looks a lot like an antique Sears Garden tractor I had for a while, but not sure. Been years!!
David from jax

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #5  
Speedex, not sure on exact model but. Maybe late 60's early 70's

Last edited:
   / Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #6  
I had one of them here. But I can't remember who made it. It was not a Sears.

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive
Just talked to owner. Sickle bar label says Bready and hood/grill shape/contour matches their line vs Speedex. Haven't seen either brand (+ Strongland) with the double sheave on the drive side of the engine. Chain guards are a quick identifier, and close on several sites but no cigar.

The hood/grill seems to be in the way for using the front-mount 36" reel mower so the hood may have been replaced by a more common version w/o the drive for front implements. That said, bracket at left front of frame is likely for a clutching pulley.

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 100
   / Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #8  
Bready from Solon, Ohio.
David from jax

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #9  
"I am sure that Bready built them but one is a Reo, one is a Homelite and the other one is a Gilson"
Maybe that quote will help? Apparently Bready was building for others?
David from jax

/ Identify 1 cyl garden tractor with sickle bar & reel mowers, chain drive #10  
"I am sure that Bready built them but one is a Reo, one is a Homelite and the other one is a Gilson"
Maybe that quote will help? Apparently Bready was building for others?
David from jax
Doesn't really look like the Bready drivetrain I'm used to. All the ones I've seen used a longer chain from the trans to the rear axle and the engine output on the opposite side, fram and front axle are different also.

That drive looks like Speedex athough the sheetmetal looks a little different from all the models I'm familiar with. Could be a random model that's not common, or someone changed out the sheet metal at some point? I don't remember Speedex rebranding but I can't find any of my books to look it up right right now.