I joined team Massey!

/ I joined team Massey! #1  

TheFarmerInAdell

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706E, Massey Ferguson GC1705
Saturday I got a special delivery of my new MF 2706E. :cool2: Decided on MF because the dealer is 5 minutes away, great to work with, and they had what I was looking for on their lot when I went looking. I wanted the largest Hydrostatic machine I could get without spending a fortune. Also no DPF, DEF, and regen.
:drink:

Sold my smaller tractor (McCormick GX45H) and my Skidsteer (NH C175 CTL) to get one new machine to do the work of both. This is the first brand new piece of equipment I've purchased (at least at this kind of value).It will take a bit to get used to the fast hydraulic response of the new equipment. I got the dealer to throw in Rimguard in the rears and a bolt on cutting edge. Only put about 2 hours on it so far doing some flail mowing, but I'm loving it! It's weird not having to worry about things breaking or what it would cost of something did. A warranty is a wonderful thing!
:dance1:

The only down side to buying new is the break in period. Does anyone follow that? I want to take good care of this thing so I think I'll try my best to do as it says...

20190615_164237.jpg
My 3 year old is having fun on the new "big" tractor! Yes, she is wearing a coat in June. This is Wisconsin after all... :confused2:

/ I joined team Massey! #2  
Looks purty. You need to get it dirty.

/ I joined team Massey! #3  
Saturday I got a special delivery of my new MF 2706E. :cool2: Decided on MF because the dealer is 5 minutes away, great to work with, and they had what I was looking for on their lot when I went looking. I wanted the largest Hydrostatic machine I could get without spending a fortune. Also no DPF, DEF, and regen.
:drink:

Sold my smaller tractor (McCormick GX45H) and my Skidsteer (NH C175 CTL) to get one new machine to do the work of both. This is the first brand new piece of equipment I've purchased (at least at this kind of value).It will take a bit to get used to the fast hydraulic response of the new equipment. I got the dealer to throw in Rimguard in the rears and a bolt on cutting edge. Only put about 2 hours on it so far doing some flail mowing, but I'm loving it! It's weird not having to worry about things breaking or what it would cost of something did. A warranty is a wonderful thing!
:dance1:

The only down side to buying new is the break in period. Does anyone follow that? I want to take good care of this thing so I think I'll try my best to do as it says...

View attachment 609609
My 3 year old is having fun on the new "big" tractor! Yes, she is wearing a coat in June. This is Wisconsin after all... :confused2:
First and foremost. Welcome to the MF family. That young lady of yours knows good looking when she sees it and wasted no time making a move.

All joking aside I've been nothing but impressed with MF since acquiring mine. So far I've broken stuff relative to my own stupidity and ignorance. I've got about 260 hard hours on my GC1710 TLB (yours and mine are both Iseki made for AGCO/MF) and I think you'll find that you made the right choice as you start putting hours on your machine. There are some real good insightful folks around the forum so please don't be afraid to ask anything.

Welcome again! We like work pix and videos...it's like coca...uh... ...cola for the tractor enthusiast. Enjoy!

/ I joined team Massey!
(yours and mine are both Iseki made for AGCO/MF)

From what I saw Agco makes this tractor and the engine is definitely made by Shibaura. Shibaura is what my NH skidsteer had in it and it is a good engine. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 276E tractor information

The 1710 is made by Iseki and distributed by MF. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson GC171 backhoe-loader tractor information

Either way, both good machines! My mom has a GC1705 that I use when I'm there.

The one thing I thought I wouldn't like about it is the treadle pedal, but I actually like it more than the dual pedals. The only thing is at this time it's kind of uncomfortable to use. I'll need to make a custom foot pedal that is more fit to my foot and range of motion. I would always hit the wrong pedal on my mom's 1705 and my my McCormick. I like just rocking my foot the direction I want it to go. It's just like my lawn mower.

/ I joined team Massey! #5  
From what I saw Agco makes this tractor and the engine is definitely made by Shibaura. Shibaura is what my NH skidsteer had in it and it is a good engine. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 276E tractor information

The 1710 is made by Iseki and distributed by MF. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson GC171 backhoe-loader tractor information

Either way, both good machines! My mom has a GC1705 that I use when I'm there.

The one thing I thought I wouldn't like about it is the treadle pedal, but I actually like it more than the dual pedals. The only thing is at this time it's kind of uncomfortable to use. I'll need to make a custom foot pedal that is more fit to my foot and range of motion. I would always hit the wrong pedal on my mom's 1705 and my my McCormick. I like just rocking my foot the direction I want it to go. It's just like my lawn mower.
I can't stand treadle pedals. They are an ergonomic nightmare for me. My dad has an old Kubota BX and the cockpit/treadle pedal setup was so uncomfortable to me that I crossed BX's off my list despite having a good dealer 4 minutes away. Didn't realize AGCO made that one. The design looks so similar to the Iseki built models I thought it too was an Iseki built. Great tractors regardless.

/ I joined team Massey! #6  
Hi, I have a GC 1720 I need to transport. What size trailer will I need (dimensions, payload)?
For a comfortable safe ride a double axle utility/landscape trailer with 7000gvwr would be nice and give you a little extra capacity. Without the mower deck you can go 5x14 which will be tight. My goal/recommendation is a 7x16 at some point. I will occasionally cheat with a single axle 3.5k gvwr around town but I don't make it a habit and I'll usually take pieces off to do it. You can really feel the weight of the machine on the truck in a single axle setup.

/ I joined team Massey!
Hi, I have a GC 1720 I need to transport. What size trailer will I need (dimensions, payload)?

Dude... you totally just hijacked! I would suggest posting a new thread in the transportation section to get more answers.

Looks purty. You need to get it dirty.

As you wish: 20190623_151158.jpg

Update: It started smoking bad! At about 10 hours on it and it started blowing lots of smoke on a warm start, and a big puff of smoke on a cold start. Watch the warm start video here:
20190622_202655_1.mp4 - Google Drive

I am steady up on the throttle when at about 1800rpm it sputters and pukes smoke. Keeps doing it for a while, then slowly clears up. Took it to the dealer and they did a software update for complaints of smoke. Hopefully they fixed it. They also dyno'd it at 52 PTO HP :shocked: It's only spec'd out at 46 PTO HP. It's nice to know it has more power than they claim. I'm going to pick it up tonight and see if they really fixed it. They couldn't get it to smoke. There is a chance that the fresh fuel I got is bad causing this issue. I'll run this tank out and see if new fuel (from a different station) fixes it.

/ I joined team Massey! #8  
I was looking on Massy's site at a 2706 so I'm very interested in what you find as a cause of the smoke. When my Deere was new I had a similar experience. Mine turned out to be a kinked fuel line. (Believe it or not)

Dude... you totally just hijacked! I would suggest posting a new thread in the transportation section to get more answers.

As you wish: View attachment 610624

Update: It started smoking bad! At about 10 hours on it and it started blowing lots of smoke on a warm start, and a big puff of smoke on a cold start. Watch the warm start video here:
20190622_202655_1.mp4 - Google Drive

I am steady up on the throttle when at about 1800rpm it sputters and pukes smoke. Keeps doing it for a while, then slowly clears up. Took it to the dealer and they did a software update for complaints of smoke. Hopefully they fixed it. They also dyno'd it at 52 PTO HP :shocked: It's only spec'd out at 46 PTO HP. It's nice to know it has more power than they claim. I'm going to pick it up tonight and see if they really fixed it. They couldn't get it to smoke. There is a chance that the fresh fuel I got is bad causing this issue. I'll run this tank out and see if new fuel (from a different station) fixes it.

/ I joined team Massey!
I was looking on Massy's site at a 2706 so I'm very interested in what you find as a cause of the smoke. When my Deere was new I had a similar experience. Mine turned out to be a kinked fuel line. (Believe it or not)

Well, I haven't used it much since I picked it up, but I tested it based on what I experienced before and it seems to have been fixed. And if it comes back on this tank of fuel I'll try to extract the fuel and replace it with fresh from a different station.

/ I joined team Massey!
Update: So far it seems the software update has fixed the smoking problem. Haven't had any smoke since. My wife had a laugh at my tractor needing a software update... she said "it's a tractor, why does it need a software update?!" :laughing: