3-Point Hitch Hydraulics is slow to lift then speeds up.

/ Hydraulics is slow to lift then speeds up. #1  

Drwhite

Tractor
1967 farmal
I have a small duetz Allis tractor that the 3pt started jumping when lifting. It has gotten worse over time and it takes forever to lift. I pressured up the case to force fluid into the pump to,make sure it did not have air in it but not much better. It will also make a wining sound. Help!

/ Hydraulics is slow to lift then speeds up. #2  
That sound is a starving hydraulic pump. It doesn't get oil, it's called cavitation.

First step is to check the oil level in your hydraulic system.

If level is ok, how does it look like? Fluid should be clean looking, not like coffee and cream. If so, you have moisture in the oil, change hydraulic oil and filers.

When was the last time the oil, filter and suction screen were changed and cleaned?
Yes, a plugged suction screen is in most cases the reason for a whining pump. That screen is in the suction line usually in the sump of oil the reservoir.

The hydraulic oil is usually very clear, a bit of a yellowish tint and difficult to see in a sight glass or dip stick. For that reason some oil suppliers provide a oil dye or have their oil dyed already. It could be any colour. But as soon as you have moisture in there, it turns to coffee and cream.

/ Hydraulics is slow to lift then speeds up. #3  
When that happens to me it is a sign to top up my reservoir as I'm low on fluid.
Minor leaks seem to be a common condition.
LOL, I actually keep a quart of fluid on board for those occasions.