Hydraulic leaks on Case 580CK extendahoe

/ Hydraulic leaks on Case 580CK extendahoe #1  

Lstlk2hi

Tractor
2cats, JD, 2AC, Case 580CK extendahoe, Fordson
Hydraulic fluid spewing from both boom cylinders pretty much everywhere it can. Also the crossover pipe I had welded that worked for a bit. I need to find that pipe already built if possible. Recently the right side of 4in1 bucket ram started leaking. I'm afraid to run it because I know what a pain it is to remove the pump and how much it costs to rebuild. That assumes I don't burn it out from low hydraulic levels. I did buy a gland wrench and have one heck of a time keeping the pins in their holes while using an extender pipe. Any thoughts or a good hydraulic mech near San Jose, CA would be greatly appreciated.

/ Hydraulic leaks on Case 580CK extendahoe #2  
I had a bucket cylinder rebuilt by a local hydraulic shop 6-7 years ago for $75. At that time the seal kit was $35 from Case, not worth busting my knuckles over and was guaranteed for 90 days. Still no leaks 6-7 years later.

Not sure how your cross over pipe was welded, but a technique used in the aircraft repair business is to buff the area clean, and remove oily residue. Then wrap with a soft wire like mechanics wire so it conforms to the tube/pipe wrapping beyond the leak area, then silver solder over the wire. Aircraft hydraulics carry a lot more psi than most equipment.

/ Hydraulic leaks on Case 580CK extendahoe #3  
Hydraulic fluid spewing from both boom cylinders pretty much everywhere it can. Also the crossover pipe I had welded that worked for a bit. I need to find that pipe already built if possible. Recently the right side of 4in1 bucket ram started leaking. I'm afraid to run it because I know what a pain it is to remove the pump and how much it costs to rebuild. That assumes I don't burn it out from low hydraulic levels. I did buy a gland wrench and have one heck of a time keeping the pins in their holes while using an extender pipe. Any thoughts or a good hydraulic mech near San Jose, CA would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 1986 580 super e the way I remove the gladhand is to use a little heat on the cylinder to help free up.

/ Hydraulic leaks on Case 580CK extendahoe
I had a bucket cylinder rebuilt by a local hydraulic shop 6-7 years ago for $75. At that time the seal kit was $35 from Case, not worth busting my knuckles over and was guaranteed for 90 days. Still no leaks 6-7 years later.

Not sure how your cross over pipe was welded, but a technique used in the aircraft repair business is to buff the area clean, and remove oily residue. Then wrap with a soft wire like mechanics wire so it conforms to the tube/pipe wrapping beyond the leak area, then silver solder over the wire. Aircraft hydraulics carry a lot more psi than most equipment.
Excellent thought and Thank You. In this area everything is high priced about the same as gasoline. Overall USA prices run under $4/gallon. We pay $5.50 and up. The last ram I had rebuilt cost around 85 dollars and like yours has done well. Lol, USAF vet here and have been around planes most of my life. Dad flew Cessna 150 through 206, no hydraulics there, lol. My fave is the pictured one from Korat, Thailand although I was stationed at Nakhon Phanom. The aardvark, F111fb swing wing zoomer, so sleek, sexy yatta.
F111fb_sm.jpg