Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections

/ Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections #1  

kirkdc

Tractor
Cub cadet 417 FEL
Looking for a diagram/schematic of the proper hose connections to my single level selector valve. The service manual does not show them. Does anyone had a similar year/model/type as mine? or know where I can obtain the information.

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections #2  
This is how I did my rear auxiliary valves (not FEL ) in the diagram. I ran 2 3/8 hydraulic hoses from hydraulic pump back to aux valve then back to original steel hose removed from pump. Using two of the flange replacements from hoye tractor. Mitsubishi 25 horse 1984 (IH 254)

Attachments

• AF3A1C9A-DECC-45B8-B043-5C00BDCB1B0E.jpeg
    AF3A1C9A-DECC-45B8-B043-5C00BDCB1B0E.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 102
   / Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections
Thanks for trying to help. My systems is a bit different, I'll try to post some pics or draw up a diagram.

/ Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections #4  
Thanks for trying to help. My systems is a bit different, I'll try to post some pics or draw up a diagram.

Your Cub Cadet 7274 hydraulic system - nice tractor, BTW - may seem different because the diagram above doesn't show your power steering lines or any of the return lines.

Yes, and that's where I'm confused. I've got 9 hoses connecting to the valve.

/ Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections #6  
Someone must have a hydraulic schematic for that Cub Cadet. If you can't find one, the only choice is to make one up. First step is to identify the valve itself by make and model - no tractor company makes their own directional control valves - they all use major suppliers.... which means we can look them up. Next step is then to identify the hoses you can see connectng to the valve.

9 hoses does seem excessive. The normal number is six.

The hydraulic schematics are rarely brand specific. Almost every compact tractor in the last 40 years uses the same hydraulic circuitry. There can be small differences when there is power steering - but it amounts to the same thing and doesn't involve the loader control valve - although they might be usng a connection there to take flow to the power steering.

A very few tractors used regenerative loader valving, and is why we need to look at your valve model and hopefully a cab cadet schematic.

The service manual for this year was of no help. And yes, my next step is to locate where all the lines go to. I also have inlet and outlet hoses coming into the valve assy. and I think some of them go to the rear 3 point hitch though I haven't looked yet.

I found an identical valve on ebay for $400 (brand new in box). Cub Cadet has them for $800.

/ Hydraulic hose schematic for proper connections #8  
Are the hydraulics working right? Just need hooking up?

yes..they were working ok but the loader would not lower...I blew out all he lines and something shot out of one of the lines going to right side cylinder. I'm installing a new single level control because that was leaking out the spool valves and the aluminum end housing was worn through (frozen sleeve and return springs)

Last edited: