husqvarna garden tractor muffler

/ husqvarna garden tractor muffler #1  

BlackOps

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know where the muffler is on the garden tractors and how easy it is to replace it? also where to get one at a decent price? local dealer and other repair shop are bad news.

/ husqvarna garden tractor muffler #2  
the muffler, if you call it a muffler since it really doesnt quite those beast down, is a little square black metal box on the engine. mine looks like this
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

/ husqvarna garden tractor muffler
thanks - that is a start. a friend who rebuilds dune buggies etc was lost when we looked. will have to try to find it. i appeciate the help

/ husqvarna garden tractor muffler #4  
no offense but if your buddy who rebuilds engines can't tell where the muffler is on a small engine, you might be better off with someone else working on your machine

sorry he know his stuff but i saw stuff that looked like mufflers on my other older tractors but look at that pcture and you tell me. he just had a quick look see - he waas in good clothes.. and he stopped by to lend me a tool i did not have. sure doesn't look like a muffler to me from what i have seen

oh - i was planning on replaceing it myself if possible hence my question about install difficulties.