How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard?

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #1  

wisconsitom

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct2025 HST
Hi all. Wishing to remove factory brush guard to add/ weld expanded metal. Guard is secured by 4 bolts. Bolts have no nuts and deadend in frame. These bolts are very tight. I put all I dared to on them, working from below with great leverage, and could not budge. I mean, I was pulling so hard on that wrench that had it slipped or had one of these bolts started to turn, I might've broken some ribs. But no-go. Any suggestions,?

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #2  
Heat to cherry and crank them off, or just break or saw or grind them off. Nuts & bolts are cheap. Einstein proved that Time is Money. (That would be Herb Einstein).

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #3  
I would highly recommend you invest in a battery, or air, impact wrench.

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard?
Got a couple battery units, suppose we can give em a try. I just want to be assured these bolts are meant to be removed and that they aren't left-hand thread or something weird like that. Thanks. Yeah we're looking at air impact unit for up at that shop. Maybe sooner than later.

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #5  
After giving them a soak in penitrating and alowing a bit of time to work, I go for an impact wrench, but if that is not enough I go for my old fashion impact driver you whack with a big hammer. If that doesn't do it you finish up with a bolt in two halves. Then it's plan B

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #6  
Hi all. Wishing to remove factory brush guard to add/ weld expanded metal. Guard is secured by 4 bolts. Bolts have no nuts and deadend in frame. These bolts are very tight. I put all I dared to on them, working from below with great leverage, and could not budge. I mean, I was pulling so hard on that wrench that had it slipped or had one of these bolts started to turn, I might've broken some ribs. But no-go. Any suggestions,?
I have taken mine off with a battery milwaukee impact wrench. I splurged a bit and got the one off ebay with the bobcat laser cut into it. Looks better than factory and fit well. Just drill 2 holes bolts onto the factory guard.

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard?
Thanks all. Will try battery impacts when I'm back up there. Wouldn't mind not sizzling that paint off where bolts attach if I don't have to.

I like those Bobcat (and Kioti) grills they offer, but we're already down the road of making our own.

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #9  
Bought or built, they're an absolute must; it only takes one rogue pole, stick, branch, etc., to really ruin a day.

/ How remove bolts-ct2025 brush guard? #10  
I have taken mine off with a battery milwaukee impact wrench. I splurged a bit and got the one off ebay with the bobcat laser cut into it. Looks better than factory and fit well. Just drill 2 holes bolts onto the factory guard.
Any chance you still have a link? I made one but I'm not entirely happy with it (other than price).