Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change.

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #1  

Yoseph

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1010 Hydro - Cub Cadet 1782 Hydro Diesel - John Deere 155C
Hi,
I recently bought a MF 1010 (same as Hinomoto C144)and have a question about changing oil in my injection pump, as I read on the operator manual there is a plugs for draining and filling oil in it, but didn't see it. and if someone kindly could help, and what kind of oil do I have to use. any help will be appreciated.
best regards from Quebec

Attachments

• 20180527_093556.jpg
    20180527_093556.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,579
  • 20180527_093604.jpg
    20180527_093604.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
   / Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #2  
That pump is called a PFR type.. You DO NOT change the oil in the pump.. the oil is supplied by the engine..

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change.
but the operator manual say, it should be changed every 400hrs, and there is no link to the engine oil, except the timing gear.

but the operator manual say, it should be changed every 400hrs, and there is no link to the engine oil, except the timing gear. even the capacity is 200 cc of engine oil

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #5  
Well by-golly.. if its "in the manual".. it must be true..
Some manuals are broken down in sections for different engines.. are YOU SURE you have the engine the manual is ref. to.??
I've never worked on a C144 but have done thousands of engines w/ PFR pumps on them.. {That's THOUSANDS}..
The pump is "splash oil lubricated" thru the timing gears.. & I've NEVER seen one you had to "change the oil"..
IF by some strange & weird circumstance it were true.. there would HAVE TO BE a drain plug on the side or bottom of the case where the pump sits.. AND a large FILL PLUG "somewhere" on top.. near the injection pump itself..
The case that hold the pumps driveshaft[camshaft] is only about 4 INCHES.. do you SEE either a drain or fill plug??
NO.?? see post #2 for the correct answer..

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #6  
Are you sure that C144 is a rebadged MF1010?? ALL the info I get when searching a MF is WAY DIFFERENT engines.!!
Its more like a Ford 1710.. some of those had a pump you changed the pump oil in..
There a thread going on right now about his engine w/ pictures of his pump..
Does your manual have pictures??

yes but because of to the copyright couldn't get it, thanks for your advice sir, found the drain plug just behind the fuel filter, drained the oil and filed from the cup at the top right, I assure you sir that the servicing is every 400 hours, and the capacity is 200cc of engine oil. MF 1010 Hydro, engine is Toyosha 0.9L same as allis chalmers and deutz allis, simplicity.
best regards from Quebec

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #8  
Then I stand corrected & humbly apologize.. I have NEVER seen a drain on a PFR style system..
If you could.. would you snap a pic of the drain & fill?? I would appreciate it..

Screenshot_20190831-093144_Flux Player.jpg
sorry the document is in French, but I will try to translate in English : it says that the injection pump has it's own oil reservoir, and it must be drained every 400 hrs. the drain plug is behind the fuel filter 1, and fill plug is number 2.

/ Hinomoto C144 injection pump oil change. #10  
The picture is from my Deutz Allis Manual.

I actually planned on changing mine this week I'll take some actual pix when I do it.

Attachments

• Deutz Injection Pump.JPG
    Deutz Injection Pump.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 558