Hi from Mississippi,USA

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #1  

curtisun

Tractor
Don't own a tractor but do repairs on them
Hi everyone hope your days are full and happy.
I was an electronics technician/electrician/mechanic/hydraulics/pneumatics working in industry and back 50 years ago I was mechanic on hellicopters in the Army. I recently retired from industry after 45 years and since I was getting burnt out in electronics I decided to start a small engine repair business (only work at home) mostly on 4 wheelers, lawn mowers, tractors etc. I am doing this for two main reasons, they are to keep me active and to suppliment Social Security. Oh I still do some work on electronics but I get bored fast working on things I have fixed hundreds of times and so don't take on much now..

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #2  
Welcome to TBN...enjoy.

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #5  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Continue to enjoy the site.

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #6  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #7  
Welcome to TBN Curtisun - though you've been here for a bit. Greetings from British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦

That is quite the resume. I think you will be asked a lot of questions :)

Please check out the Good Morning thread also. Enjoy a coffee with the rest of the gang.

Have a great day.

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA
Welcome to TBN Curtisun - though you've been here for a bit. Greetings from British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦

That is quite the resume. I think you will be asked a lot of questions :)

Please check out the Good Morning thread also. Enjoy a coffee with the rest of the gang.

Have a great day.
I came on and looked around a good while ago because I had a someone that wanted some information about his Tactor. At that time
I was not working on any.
But the search eneded up not revealing anything. Instead of making a post I found the info I was looking for online from another page.
Now there is 3 people that says they want me to do repairs on their tractors. I just finished working on an Italian made tiller that was bought
and had no way of attaching to the tractor. So I made a 3 point hitch and cut down a PTO shaft for it. It seams now I am going to be working
on tractors a good bit more and I needed some info on diesel Mahindra's. So I decided it was time to introduce myself.
I may have a lot of skills but even with all the skills I still need information to go along with those skills.
I will try to answer any questions that is asked of me. I do not mind sharing my skills and knowledge.

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #9  
Welcome to TBN !

/ Hi from Mississippi,USA #10  
I came on and looked around a good while ago because I had a someone that wanted some information about his Tactor. At that time
I was not working on any.
But the search eneded up not revealing anything. Instead of making a post I found the info I was looking for online from another page.
Now there is 3 people that says they want me to do repairs on their tractors. I just finished working on an Italian made tiller that was bought
and had no way of attaching to the tractor. So I made a 3 point hitch and cut down a PTO shaft for it. It seams now I am going to be working
on tractors a good bit more and I needed some info on diesel Mahindra's. So I decided it was time to introduce myself.
I may have a lot of skills but even with all the skills I still need information to go along with those skills.
I will try to answer any questions that is asked of me. I do not mind sharing my skills and knowledge.
Dunno about you, but I've found that 90% of any skill is not necessarily about what you know already, but more about your ability to find and comprehend the information that is required to diagnose and repair a problem. After that, it's a matter of pulling wrenches, crimping wires, or swapping parts, mostly basic crafting skills. These days, most things are so modular it's hard to fix a small problem without replacing an expensive module. The biggest tricks are to use the little skills together as a skill set and knowing the end results if it's done wrong or with shortcuts. Keeping the mind active after a technical career can be challenging. I've thought about hanging my shingle back up to try to pick up some automation work, and then I remember all the sleepless nights waiting for a problem that "can't happen" to occur. Pass. I like answering to no one (except the missus) and doing what I want to do and getting outta bed when I want to. I still get up earlier than some, but only if I feel like it or have a need to get something done. Bad weather days have me dreaming up ways of automating some of my home brewing process, or perhaps designing something for my tractor or implements. I get ideas for either from forums like this one but use a lot of common sense and experience from the school of hard knocks to refine my ideas.

Ennyhoo, welcome to the forum from a 'neighbor' over in Alabama.