HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c
Hey Asteral , maybe I didn’t understand your answer but do you mean a 2015 is considered an older model ? I know it’s early to ask but is it going to get hard to find parts for our tractors ?
It is my understanding that any glass that was made at the factory in Korea is absolutely no longer available unless stock exists somewhere, and Branson had NO intentions of rebuilding the factory. That was all before the news of TYM buying them out as well.

So if you have an older Branson, I would be extremely careful not to break any of your glass, or you'll be outta luck!

With this takeover/buyout by TYM, it could also trickle down to all other parts for Bransons made prior as well...

Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful suggestions, and comments I've received here.

As an Update, I've still not found the part after contacting a whole whack of salvage yards.

One salvage yard tried to take my money, telling me he could still order me a new replacement part from a Branson warehouse....Thankfully I already knew that no such oppportunity exists...

So I've received 3 private messages on this forum that all say to send an email to the one they've povided because they have the part.

They all seem suspicious due to the grammer used, as well as the member info.

Can any moderators comment on this? Is this a problem here with scammers?

Please let me know!

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #13  
That's unfortunate. I will remember this on days when I may have wished for a cab.

In no particular order
1) There are companies that will do custom glass work. It may be expensive.
2) maybe locate a tractor graveyard
3) see Plexiglas options above

As to scammers, they troll the internet everywhere. Look at the posters profile. If they are new or have few posts, high probability of scam. No reason to use some other communication method. Probably a scam. Report the IM to moderators and they can boot those profiles... But, they will be back like rats to a grain bin.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #14  
No one on here would have the part, it's a scam. Most any competent glass shop can make up a window unless it has a compound curve in it. Then that becomes a very custom and expensive part and I'd avoid any plexiglass as it will craze and become opaque over time. Lexan may be a viable alternative however, especially hard coated Lexan.

In my Kubota's, the panes are glued into the window frames so that entails an extra step and proper bonding agent.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #16  
We had a piece of glass custom made for my wife's antique secretary (piece of furniture). There are very few places in the country that can still make curved glass. Now this was an untempered piece of plate glass, not what you need for material type, but maybe they can do other glass? I will try and find their contact info, I wanna say they were in Minneapolis, MN, but at the moment I just don't recall. A local (to us) glass company gave us their contact info.

I remember that it was expensive, wait time was months, and if the glass piece (they're making) was made from incorrect measurements, then it was all on the customer. No "take backs" or "do overs" (for free).

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #17  
I have searched for glass under TYM, Branson, and Kukje and have found nuthin. It's like finding a unicorn. Good luck to the OP...........that really sucks not having a nice door for your cab.

Thanks for the advice on the scammers. Up to 4 private messages now all claiming their friend, or family member has the part, and just email them at this email address...pfft lol

The glass does have curve to it in both directions, so having a new one made is most unlikely.

Im looking into the Lexan alternative at this point.

It definitely is a big bummer not having it. The left side is the easy side to get in and out of the cab of course. Good thing I'm not a bigger framed guy, and can squeeze out past the loader control stick and transmission levers on the right side instead, but its still a squeeze and not quick!

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #19  
After covid caused the rush to install plexiglas barriers, the product prices also went up. a 1/4” piece of hardened plastic was almost the same cost as a tempered window for my tractor. But that was for a 4x8 sheet of the stuff. Because of course my window was 50” wide.