HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #1  

Pete Raine

Tractor
Branson 6640c
I am looking for a left glass door for the cab of my Branson 6640c utility tractor.

No dealer anywhere in North america has old stock on this part, and the factory that made all the glass for the older Branson tractors burned down back in 2018/2019.

Hoping to find someone that might have this part on a dead tractor.

Not sure if the previously mentioned factory also made glass for other manufacturers, and maybe another common brand tractor used the same design glass.

Thanks for any input and help on this request!

Pete Raine in Ontario Canada

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #2  
You can make a door out of plexiglas in a pinch. As long as theres no windshield wiper, they last a long, long time. Done on commercial rigs all the time. Stronger than glass, just as clear.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #3  
You can make a door out of Plexiglas in a pinch. As long as there's no windshield wiper, they last a long, long time. Done on commercial rigs all the time. Stronger than glass, just as clear.
Unfortunately this will be your only option, if you cant find a dealer with old new stock of this part i would also recommend using Plexiglas. I spoke with the head of the parts departments support arm for us dealers i asked him if this part was currently unavailable, he said no it is not, and that they wont be getting those any longer, as well as any other parts for that model what's left here in the U.S is what left and once its gone( not including some switch's, filters, and smaller components still being used on other models)its gone, which is a shame because that unit was a really strong unit it pains me to see them dropping parts support for them, but i figured this may occur on some of the older models with the changeover just didn't figure it would be so soon i guess.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #4  
Unfortunately this will be your only option, if you cant find a dealer with old new stock of this part i would also recommend using Plexiglas. I spoke with the head of the parts departments support arm for us dealers i asked him if this part was currently unavailable, he said no it is not, and that they wont be getting those any longer, as well as any other parts for that model what's left here in the U.S is what left and once its gone( not including some switch's, filters, and smaller components still being used on other models)its gone, which is a shame because that unit was a really strong unit it pains me to see them dropping parts support for them, but i figured this may occur on some of the older models with the changeover just didn't figure it would be so soon i guess.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #5  
Hey Asteral , maybe I didn’t understand your answer but do you mean a 2015 is considered an older model ? I know it’s early to ask but is it going to get hard to find parts for our tractors ?

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #6  
I believe he's referencing the 6640 model that the OP asked about, not the year of production (2015).

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #7  
Ouch.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #8  
Hey Asteral , maybe I didn’t understand your answer but do you mean a 2015 is considered an older model ? I know it’s early to ask but is it going to get hard to find parts for our tractors ?
so far just this particular model not that 2015 is old just this unit is old, and according to them the original parts manufactures for this unit for a lot of the components either aren't making the parts or are no longer in business these were the main reason for this decision to stop support for this unit and i'm sure as we go along they may choose to do the same with others tht are in similar spots like some of the older century units and some of the even older units like the F4350.

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #9  
It looks like the door glass has a slight curve to it so straight plexi wont fit right. Maybe you will have to remove the glass on the other side so someone can match it. :unsure:

/ HELP! WANTED Left Cab Glass Door for 2015 Branson 6640c #10  
It looks like the door glass has a slight curve to it so straight plexi wont fit right. Maybe you will have to remove the glass on the other side so someone can match it. :unsure:
Depending on amount of bend, you can heat and bend plexiglas.