Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch

/ Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch #1  

marcelPL

Silver Member
Tractor
iseki TX1500 and TX1300F
My beloved iseki tx1300F suddenly has the issue that, when i press the clutch, the RPM drops significantly (engine even stops sometimes).

Strange enough things are fine with the clutch up.

Anybody ever experienced this on any tractor? Any clue about what can cause this?

Somehow i have a feeling this is bad news for my iseki.

thx,
Marcel.

/ Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch #2  
This may sound weird, but the pedal axel of the clutch runs INSIDE the axel of the left-break pedal. Cause my greaser of the clutch pedal axel was broken and axel jammed in mudd, these two rusted together during winterstop. Then at first start, I pushed in the clutch and the left break pedal went down too !!! But I do not think this is the case with yours, cause you're up and about with it all the time.
The mechanism of the clutch pedal is all free I presume, it is not hydraulic, so that must mean inside the pressure group, plates or its mechanism are pushing against the main shaft. Unlikely though this could even bring the engine to a full stop seen as much resistance is needed for that.
You need to open her up ("break it in two halves") or look inside with an endoscope on your laptop!
If pushing down the clutch pedal is a startcondition, I'd advise to bypass that switch first. I took a photo of what I think is the bypass on my TX1510F and of the inspection opening on the righthand side (needs preheating with hot air gun to make it more flexible and come out).

Attachments

• IMG-20230315-WA0000[1].jpeg
    IMG-20230315-WA0000[1].jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG-20230315-WA0002[1].jpeg
    IMG-20230315-WA0002[1].jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • clutch.JPG
    clutch.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 60
  • clutch1.JPG
    clutch1.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 62
  • clutch2.JPG
    clutch2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
   / Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch #3  
Hi Marcel, is there a load coming on the engine and stalling it or does it just drop the rev's,

Hope you are well.

Chris

/ Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch
Hi Chris, everything ok here, summer is finally coming :). Thx for asking, hope things are well on your side.

There is no load on the engine. Just standing still, not shifted in gear or anything. Just pressing the clutch will stop the engine.

My feeling tells me that i am looking at replacing the release bearing (based on what i read from the internet). Which would mean splitting the machine. With the FEL i have installed, this will not be some funny little adventure :(.

thx
Marcel

/ Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch #5  
Any news on this challenge ???

/ Help! Engine runs (a lot) slower when pressing the clutch
Nope. Simply because i have no time. Plus that winter takes a lot longer than usual to say goodbye. I don't have a normal garage yet, so any work will have to be done outside. Not a big fan of standing in the rain...