Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #11  
It's common to mix kerosene(sometimes known as #1 fuel oil) with diesel fuel (aka #2 fuel oil) in extremely cold temps.

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #12  
Hi, one of my jerrycans that I haven't used for years had about 3 litres of fuel sitting in it. The thing is I'm not sure if it's Diesel, or it may be heating oil 28 sec Kerosene. So my question is, would that do any harm added to Diesel fuel say no more than 5% at a time. The engines in question would be Y385 (Chinese tractor, 2004), Kubota D1105-BH (mid '90s mini digger) or Perkins 4.212 (Massey Ferguson 50B, 1976), so nothing particularly modern.
Thanks
No problem at all.

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #13  
I have diesel fuel in the tank in my pickup bed
and its over 3 yrs old and works great in my tractor.
I would't be afraid using it in a 1 to 10 ratio

willy

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #14  
I would probably mix it with some used crankcase oil and run it through my Chinese tractor. That little sucker will burn just about any oil.

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #15  
For the OPs machines he will be totally fine dumping 3L in the machine and filling it up.

I also have older machines. 1990 kubota mini ex and 2000 NH tc40. Both are high pressure injection with no emissions..just like the OP.

I have been burning heating oil for 3yrs now. Its heating oil I bought 3/2020. So I'm right at 3yrs old. I have never had a fuel issue and live in the northeast so get rain, sun,snow and some times even on the same day.

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #16  
I keep diesel in barrels for years with no ill effects. But the barrels are full to the cap to avoid condensation and moisture buildup. Assuming your storage container doesn't have a ton of headspace diesel is good for a VERY long time. The main thing is that the fuel is clean and free of debris. I often run the extra kerosene that I don't use in my heaters in the tractor as well the following summer with some transmission fluid to add lubricity about 50/50 with regular No.2 diesel.

But in your case since you don't know for sure .... burn pile it would be for me!

/ Heating Oil (28 sec Kerosene) Added to Diesel #17  
I have diesel fuel in the tank in my pickup bed
and its over 3 yrs old and works great in my tractor.
I would't be afraid using it in a 1 to 10 ratio

willy
I have used diesel that has been stored for long periods (3 to 6 years) in humid climates, I used the same 10 to 1 ratio that you mention and didn't have any problems (filtered it first).
Had a barrel of kerosene that was 12 years old, ran it through a filter and mixed it 50/50 with diesel and ran it through an old Lister CS single cylinder engine. Never had a problem.