Heat Your Home with ..... Grass Clippings?

/ Heat Your Home with ..... Grass Clippings? #31  
This system reminds me of another "unit" that a company brought to Anchorage and wanted to receive Environmental Health approval to sell to the homeowner. It was a home sewage treatment system. It was decried to be so efficient that the effluent was to be piped directly back into the home potable water supply system. There was absolutely NO disposal system involved with this unit - she all went back into the home water supply.

Well - even an idiot or moron or imbecile - knows that any mechanical system can and will occasionally fail. So when this happens - guess what the family is drinking now.

They had one family agree to put a unit in their new house as a demo. All it took to completely put the kibosh to this entire matter was -- I asked one of our visiting nurses to go out and ask the family for blood samples before this unit was installed. This would be used as a comparison - in the future - when the family became gravely ill.

When the family came to their senses and realized how serious this situation could become - they dropped the idea like a hot potato.

In all my 18 years as Director of Environmental Health in Anchorage - we seemed to be chosen to try all forms of new miracle equipment and processes.

I'm not saying this Heat Green System is anything other than great. I'm saying that, some times, when a thing is too good to be true - it really IS too good to be true.

That is really scary. I can't imagine a biologist or bacteriologist not just going bonkers at the very concept. Sure, it's possible, depending on the extent of the treatment, but not for home use...except maybe using the effluent to water the lawn or for discharge. In areas where they have to capture and use rainwater, it must be processed.

Do you have any info on the process? I would like to know how they (a) killed the bacteria; (b) filtered the suspended solids; (c) removed the dissolved organic material and (d) disposed of the removed material and (e) maintained the sterility during treatment, storage and use.

/ Heat Your Home with ..... Grass Clippings? #32  
No, 2Lane - that was back in 1979. When WE - the Health Dept - asked for the particulars & specs on this "wonder unit" - we got the same old song & dance. Particulars & specs were a trade secret, patented and could be released to nobody. Well - I sent this company a registered letter and told them in no uncertain terms to get the God D*** unit the Hades out of our jurisdiction - and never return. Ha, ha - - last I heard they were attempting to peddle this unit in Texas.