Have You Replaced Your Water Pump?

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #1  

CloverKnollFarms

Elite Member
Tractor
TYM4820H
Two issues I’ve seen in my research have been, early water pump replacements on the 35hp and larger Bransons. Usually 2017-2020 models. It seems quite common over on one forum. There was a run of about 5 of them over the course of 12 months. Most tractors just out of warranty.

The other was bolts shearing off on a planetary gear for the 4wd. Though that seems less common. The water pump seems something not affected by how the user, uses the machine.

Anyone?

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #3  
I had to replace the water pump on my Branson 8050 a few years back with shipping it was right at $500.
It was an easy job but sure seemed to happen quite early in it's life.

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #4  
Two issues I’ve seen in my research have been, early water pump replacements on the 35hp and larger Bransons. Usually 2017-2020 models. It seems quite common over on one forum. There was a run of about 5 of them over the course of 12 months. Most tractors just out of warranty.

The other was bolts shearing off on a planetary gear for the 4wd. Though that seems less common. The water pump seems something not affected by how the user, uses the machine.

Anyone?
No.

Mine is a 2017. I've not had to replace the water pump, or anything else. I'm sure it happens not any more or less frequently than any other machine (which is seldom).

I very much doubt it is "common" at all. When you actually start drilling down into the stats and information on this, I'm sure the "common occurrence" portion of this will magically vaporize.

There are some rather outspoken folks (ex-dealers) that have a bitter axe to grind vs. the old corporate Branson regime. When Branson corporate started weeding (a few years before the TYM takeover) out some of the tiny non-productive "Fishing Bait and Tackle Shops" that also hung a "Branson" sign up in the back corner. Back in the early days of being a Branson dealer, the corporate mothership never required any upfront investment. Never required you to actually have a real service department, or send any salesmen or service mechanics off to an actual corporate training program to learn the product line. All that changed, and instead of these tiny now "ex" dealers adopting the new training requirements, they very loudly quit and started complaining about their treatment. Some of these now "EX tiny tim's" tried to form a public forum "lynch mob".

Branson was (at the time) trying to weed these out and change their dealer line up from the previous "anyone can be a dealer, no matter how small" to more of a "you had to put real skin in the game and become an actual grown up dealer with pro sales and service". These tiny tim's were pretty much driven out of TBN because when pressed for actual details on some of their attack posts, they couldn't produce anything consistent, and wouldn't give facts when asked for them. They eventually slithered away because they didn't get the attention they wanted here. So, they flock to sesspools like Facebook and what not.

Any REAL issues or complaints are always treated with respect and consideration here. The difference? The REAL ones can stand up to the light of day (truth).

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #5  
Only pump I've ever replaced was on my diesel pickup truck.
Well, I see you finally made your "Top Poster" award.

Gotta keep up that post count, right?

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #8  
No.

Mine is a 2017. I've not had to replace the water pump, or anything else. I'm sure it happens not any more or less frequently than any other machine (which is seldom).

I very much doubt it is "common" at all. When you actually start drilling down into the stats and information on this, I'm sure the "common occurrence" portion of this will magically vaporize.

There are some rather outspoken folks (ex-dealers) that have a bitter axe to grind vs. the old corporate Branson regime. When Branson corporate started weeding (a few years before the TYM takeover) out some of the tiny non-productive "Fishing Bait and Tackle Shops" that also hung a "Branson" sign up in the back corner. Back in the early days of being a Branson dealer, the corporate mothership never required any upfront investment. Never required you to actually have a real service department, or send any salesmen or service mechanics off to an actual corporate training program to learn the product line. All that changed, and instead of these tiny now "ex" dealers adopting the new training requirements, they very loudly quit and started complaining about their treatment. Some of these now "EX tiny tim's" tried to form a public forum "lynch mob".

Branson was (at the time) trying to weed these out and change their dealer line up from the previous "anyone can be a dealer, no matter how small" to more of a "you had to put real skin in the game and become an actual grown up dealer with pro sales and service". These tiny tim's were pretty much driven out of TBN because when pressed for actual details on some of their attack posts, they couldn't produce anything consistent, and wouldn't give facts when asked for them. They eventually slithered away because they didn't get the attention they wanted here. So, they flock to sesspools like Facebook and what not.

Any REAL issues or complaints are always treated with respect and consideration here. The difference? The REAL ones can stand up to the light of day (truth).
So tell us what does a dealer have to do with a failed water pump? Patently curious????? Water pump failure usually has to do with substandard bearings or seals, last time I checked.

/ Have You Replaced Your Water Pump? #10  
All I know is based on Lou’s experience they are way too expensive. But like most things it only hurts for a little while. :ROFLMAO: