Has anyone split a Farmall Super C?

/ Has anyone split a Farmall Super C? #21  
Nice looking tractor, glad everything went as planned. There's something to be said about a nice shop with amenities..!! I've come a long way since I first started tinkering on tractors. Love those Super C's, I have 2 with Fast Hitch and they do 90% of the chores around here.

I don't see a hydraulic remote lever so assuming yours doesn't. It is a super handy accessory. If you ever get in the notion to add it, I saw a pretty nice Super C last year on Black Friday at TMS Stoller @ Sterling, OH TMS Stoller Tractor: Used and New Tractor and Combine Parts with the complete Fast Hitch on it. Didn't inquire about price but probably not cheap. None the less a pretty handy addition. Great thing about it, you can use FH implements or get 3 pt. adapters and use either. Geometry isn't perfect for some 3 pt. item's but it works.

We're headed out Friday for our annual Black Friday excursion to salvage yards. I usually take pictures of the older Farmalls and share them on several FB pages, and on here if someone is looking for parts. Last year I found an OEM 2 pt. FH on a Super AV which is really rare. FH didn't come out until the 100's, but you could get one through a dealer to upgrade the Super A's but those were most generally single point. The AV's (high crop) you could get the 2 pt, for clearance. I posted pics on a FB page and location. Had one fellow wanting me to inquire about it. I'd found a nearly NOS FH 2 bottom plow, probably was with this AV, and went back up a few days later to get it. When I inquired about it, dealer told me it was on a pallet ready to be shipped the next day. Purchaser was from California, and he had no idea how he knew they had it. Been setting there for 3-4 years. I told him I may have an idea and told him I'd posted pics on a FB Farmall A/Super A page. Hisway of thanking me was knocking $25 off the price of the plow he'd quoted several days earlier. Works for me..!!

So if you're looking for anything let me know, I'll keep an eye out, and get some pics.

/ Has anyone split a Farmall Super C?
Nice looking tractor, glad everything went as planned. There's something to be said about a nice shop with amenities..!! I've come a long way since I first started tinkering on tractors. Love those Super C's, I have 2 with Fast Hitch and they do 90% of the chores around here.

I don't see a hydraulic remote lever so assuming yours doesn't. It is a super handy accessory. If you ever get in the notion to add it, I saw a pretty nice Super C last year on Black Friday at TMS Stoller @ Sterling, OH TMS Stoller Tractor: Used and New Tractor and Combine Parts with the complete Fast Hitch on it. Didn't inquire about price but probably not cheap. None the less a pretty handy addition. Great thing about it, you can use FH implements or get 3 pt. adapters and use either. Geometry isn't perfect for some 3 pt. item's but it works.

We're headed out Friday for our annual Black Friday excursion to salvage yards. I usually take pictures of the older Farmalls and share them on several FB pages, and on here if someone is looking for parts. Last year I found an OEM 2 pt. FH on a Super AV which is really rare. FH didn't come out until the 100's, but you could get one through a dealer to upgrade the Super A's but those were most generally single point. The AV's (high crop) you could get the 2 pt, for clearance. I posted pics on a FB page and location. Had one fellow wanting me to inquire about it. I'd found a nearly NOS FH 2 bottom plow, probably was with this AV, and went back up a few days later to get it. When I inquired about it, dealer told me it was on a pallet ready to be shipped the next day. Purchaser was from California, and he had no idea how he knew they had it. Been setting there for 3-4 years. I told him I may have an idea and told him I'd posted pics on a FB Farmall A/Super A page. Hisway of thanking me was knocking $25 off the price of the plow he'd quoted several days earlier. Works for me..!!

So if you're looking for anything let me know, I'll keep an eye out, and get some pics.
What a pleasant surprise that there are tractor boneyards in central Ohio and what a great way to spend the Friday after thanksgiving. Thanks for the offer but my Super C is good to go. It does not have hydraulics but that OK since it's sole purpose is to take tractor rides with a local group and for farm parades.

The rides are progressive rides that start out with one tractor and along the way pick up another 20 or more. Then we take the back roads into town going as fast as the slowest tractor in the group. That would be 10 MPH and my Farmall C can easily keep up.

If I need hydraulics for anything, I have other tractors to use, so no hydraulics is fine. Thanks again. Please post alll the pics you can and if not in this thread, post a link so I can find it. Old tractor photos are always welcome.

Last edited:
   / Has anyone split a Farmall Super C? #23  
Anytime, will do.

I'm the OP on this and here's how the split turned out now that it's over and done. It was a piece of cake as long as you have a jack stand to hold half up and a roller stand to roll the other half away.

We used a handful of tools and with time off for BS figured it took only a few hours. If you are planning to split one of these early Farmalls, fear not.

If new at this, maybe find someone who has done a split of anything just to supervise the support part of the two halves. Really, this is a simple job and dare I say almost enjoyable. I barely got dirty.

/ Has anyone split a Farmall Super C? #25  
I'm the OP on this and here's how the split turned out now that it's over and done. It was a piece of cake as long as you have a jack stand to hold half up and a roller stand to roll the other half away.

We used a handful of tools and with time off for BS figured it took only a few hours. If you are planning to split one of these early Farmalls, fear not.

If new at this, maybe find someone who has done a split of anything just to supervise the support part of the two halves. Really, this is a simple job and dare I say almost enjoyable. I barely got dirty.

Good deal, glad it went well.

Try a super M with one front tire.
Now that I have a Super C with wide front end under my belt, no thank you. One front tire must have been a mess with multiple guys required.

How did you block that up? Better yet, how did you hold it steady enough to get it back together?

/ Has anyone split a Farmall Super C? #27  
Now that I have a Super C with wide front end under my belt, no thank you. One front tire must have been a mess with multiple guys required.

How did you block that up? Better yet, how did you hold it steady enough to get it back together?
Held it from the top. You can grab a beam in your shop or I had an A frame. Put a jack under rear of front half.

I had an engine crane that folded up. I took it apart and used the square base, with four casters, put a jack on it and put it under front of rear half. Rolled the back half to open tractor.