Great lake boats, a good video

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,012  
Seen and heard several accidents where the Milwaukee and kk rivers split by jones island, involving recreational boats, lake freighters, and the docks rec boats are at. Usually very windy and involved the wash from bow and or stern thrusters, pulverizing rec boats and docks.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,014  
Well if you have to deal with folks like below video my respect to all Great Lakes capts.
Well, if you have to deal with Great Lakes Capts, my respect to all docked boats and docks. 🙃

That ship in the video is the same one that in 2008 hit 2 docked boats, sinking one, and damaging a pier, in one of the straightest parts of the river.

Ironically, it was the ship named Cuyahoga on the river named Cuyahoga, which means something like crooked river.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,015  
Well, if you have to deal with Great Lakes Capts, my respect to all docked boats and docks. 🙃

That ship in the video is the same one that in 2008 hit 2 docked boats, sinking one, and damaging a pier, in one of the straightest parts of the river.

Ironically, it was the ship named Cuyahoga on the river named Cuyahoga, which means something like crooked river.

It appeared to me anyway, the sailboat captain was in " the irons" and not moving in a busy restricted shipping canal. Captain sounded the horn indicating to me anyway he was in the way, sailboat was probably in the deeper part of the channel which the freighter had to adhere to or risk bottoming out/ running aground. I've been told numerous times by arrogant sailors how they have the right away under sail. I often wonder where's the common sense, behind changing course with a 30' sailboat or taking evasive action with a 600+ ft lake freighter in a dredged shipping channel. But that's me.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,016  
It appeared to me anyway, the sailboat captain was in " the irons" and not moving in a busy restricted shipping canal. Captain sounded the horn indicating to me anyway he was in the way, sailboat was probably in the deeper part of the channel which the freighter had to adhere to or risk bottoming out/ running aground. I've been told numerous times by arrogant sailors how they have the right away under sail. I often wonder where's the common sense, behind changing course with a 30' sailboat or taking evasive action with a 600+ ft lake freighter in a dredged shipping channel. But that's me.
Yeah. I if I have the right of way, but am gonna get creamed by a 600+' ship, I'm gonna move. Same thing with trucks on the highway.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,018  
Always make sure your fishing boat is operable before getting into the shipping lane.
Had to watch that 2x before I saw that tiny boat. Been on the st Clair river when it was busy amazing there aren't more mishaps like that which turn tragic. 10 yrs ago when I was on it the river current seemed faster than 10 knots south of Port Huron with rec boats and freighters everywhere on it.

/ Great lake boats, a good video #1,020  
Having been a small boater in Lake Erie in my past life, 17 foot Mark Twain 180 horse I/O, never had an issue with a bow wave from a lakes carrier but have had an issue from the stern wake from the prop(s) out on the lake as in almost swamping my boat from the wave created by them. I learned real quickly about that when fishing for Walleye out in the lake, away from shore.